10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShandyFFM

a player with iniestas class should probably score around 20 goals per season.... ok perhaps we are all playing to much fifa and are expeting finessshots every weekend from messi and iniesta :hooray:

btw im searching the vid : Lionel Messi vs Spartak Moscow HD 720p (19/09/2012) on Vimeo but its not longer there... someone posted it here in the forum... perhaps there is a youtube link too ?

ShandyFFM

ah end i guess messi should really try to shoot more often like against brasil he has the ability

MIN: 6:12

although i like him with long hair more ...:p

khorne

So to be a captain u have to be a prick and yell at your team mates? okay..

Truth is since Villa came to barca ALL he has done is pass the ball to Messi and play where he doesn't belong. He came from an injury, it was his first game as a starter, and Messi wellcomed him with a "pass the ball" when Villa clearly said it was his first attempt and he gave him the ball anyways. Villa stats la liga = 3 shoots, 2 goals...

I remember million of times where others had a better position but Messi decided to keep dribbling ppl and lost the ball at the end. None ever said a fuck about it, but suddenly Messi can.

Messi isn't a captain, Mascherano is, and of course, Puyol is. Puyol will only yell at you when you aren't working your ass off in the match. Like Pique sometimes did or when u r bragging (like Thiago did once). Villa surely was trying his best, but the pass didn't work, what did Messi expect when there were 8 defenders ffs..

i'm afraid you have misunderstood my point. no one (except kroki223 apparently) is denying it was a dickish move of messi. but it's also not a big deal is what i'm saying. messi is a nice enough guy in general, but he is also a headstrong, selfish player whith a lot of confidence in his own abilites. incidently, he scored 72 goals last season. how many goals do you think were a result of this? so, i think it's perfectly fine to say this move from messi was not admirable, but that's about it. there is just no need to blow it out of proportion.

K

kroki223

i'm afraid you have misunderstood my point. no one (except kroki223 apparently) is denying it was a dickish move of messi. but it's also not a big deal is what i'm saying. messi is a nice enough guy in general, but he is also a headstrong, selfish player whith a lot of confidence in his own abilites. incidently, he scored 72 goals last season. how many goals do you think were a result of this? so, i think it's perfectly fine to say this move from messi was not admirable, but that's about it. there is just no need to blow it out of proportion.

To be a good captain, sometimes you need to do that, if the other player is in better position. He was hard to Villa, that's true. I saw Puyol too, who discussed too. Messi isn't a selfish player, and he doesn't have so many self-confidence, that is a reason why he plays so much. People make so much deal from this.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Messi isn't a selfish player, and he doesn't have so many self-confidence

I'm sorry but what is this shit? I know people are in total love with Messi, to the degree that they would probably stop following Barca if he ever left but I can only handle so much of the garbage spewed to defend him. Messi not selfish and has no self-confidence? Those are two myths which have to die. Messi has always been a ball hog, long before the days of Pep Guardiola, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, Messi would constantly ignore players in much better positions then him and keep hold of the ball when he could have passed it. He still does that to this day the only difference being that he's much more productive so he can get away with it. When he's off form though it becomes extremely more noticeable again and that old feeling of frustration I had watching Messi ignore other players then lose the ball from 6 years ago rises back to the surface.

The lack of self-confidence thing is laughable, you need an extremely large amount of self confidence(bordering on arrogance) to do the things that Messi does on the pitch, someone who no confidence would never attempt a run where he goes past 4 players and chips the goalkeeper, it just doesn't happen. Like Azzido said, Ronaldo and Messi are extremely similar personalities, you just won't notice it until Messi gets frustrated then the cover comes off. Football fans and writers saying that lately Messi is becoming more and more like Ronaldo are late to the party, Messi has always been like Ronaldo.

F

Flavia

I'm sorry but what is this shit? I know people are in total love with Messi, to the degree that they would probably stop following Barca if he ever left but I can only handle so much of the garbage spewed to defend him. Messi not selfish and has no self-confidence? Those are two myths which have to die. Messi has always been a ball hog, long before the days of Pep Guardiola, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, Messi would constantly ignore players in much better positions then him and keep hold of the ball when he could have passed it. He still does that to this day the only difference being that he's much more productive so he can get away with it. When he's off form though it becomes extremely more noticeable again and that old feeling of frustration I had watching Messi ignore other players then lose the ball from 6 years ago rises back to the surface.

The lack of self-confidence thing is laughable, you need an extremely large amount of self confidence(bordering on arrogance) to do the things that Messi does on the pitch, someone who no confidence would never attempt a run where he goes past 4 players and chips the goalkeeper, it just doesn't happen. Like Azzido said, Ronaldo and Messi are extremely similar personalities, you just won't notice it until Messi gets frustrated then the cover comes off. Football fans and writers saying that lately Messi is becoming more and more like Ronaldo are late to the party, Messi has always been like Ronaldo.
I agree with most, except with the ronaldo part. People have really different personalities, and I really see no resemblance between them. Messi getting frustrated or being selfish sometimes is one thing. It goes a long way to be an arrogant egomaniac like cr.

Daemul

I agree with most, except with the ronaldo part. People have really different personalities, and I really see no resemblance between them. Messi getting frustrated or being selfish sometimes is one thing. It goes a long way to be an arrogant egomaniac like cr.

Ronaldo isn't really arrogant to be honest, he just whines and sulks a hell of a lot. When you have been privileged enough to make millions out of kicking a ball around a pitch, normal people don't take kindly to you complaining lmao

F

Flavia

Ronaldo isn't really arrogant to be honest, he just whines and sulks a hell of a lot. When you have been privileged enough to make millions out of kicking a ball around a pitch, normal people don't take kindly to you complaining lmao
He is. His face during the uefa player of the year made that pretty clear, if anyone still had any doubt. His behaviour off the pitch has nothing to do with the one of a humble person. Messi is no saint, but he's nothing like him either.

Daemul

He is. His face during the uefa player of the year made that pretty clear, if anyone still had any doubt. His behaviour off the pitch has nothing to do with the one of a humble person. Messi is no saint, but he's nothing like him either.

I don't know, using myself as an example I am the sort of person who is not afraid to admit just how good I am at something and would rather not put a fake cover of humility on, like society conditions is to do these days. People would class this as arrogance I guess but others would respect you more for not hiding your true nature, what you see is what you get with Ronaldo. I'm probably in the camp which prefers someone who is honest with themselves and doesn't hide who they are and gets hated for it rather then someone who is falsely humble when really, they are totally in love with themselves and gets praise for that.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular here but just making a general observation

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't know, using myself as an example I am the sort of person who is not afraid to admit just how good I am at something and would rather not put a fake cover of humility on, like society conditions is to do these days. People would class this as arrogance I guess but others would respect you more for not hiding your true nature, what you see is what you get with Ronaldo. I'm probably in the camp which prefers someone who is honest with themselves and doesn't hide who they are and gets hated for it rather then someone who is falsely humble when really, they are totally in love with themselves and gets praise for that.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular here but just making a general observation

+1000

I think most footballers in general are pretty fake, even my favourite 'nice guy' Clarence Seedorf fights alot, but when in the spotlight you'd think he was the most genuine, great guy, i still :wub: him though. The only person who actually strikes me as genuine is Iniesta, i've always thought Messi was fake, kinda obvious to me.

F

Flavia

People are different, and I really see no resemblance between the 2 of them. They are very different people. I don't think Messi puts a fake mask of humility, as you can be humble and confident. One doesn't negate the other.

+1000

I think most footballers in general are pretty fake, even my favourite 'nice guy' Clarence Seedorf fights alot, but when in the spotlight you'd think he was the most genuine, great guy, i still :wub: him though. The only person who actually strikes me as genuine is Iniesta, i've always thought Messi was fake, kinda obvious to me.
I never felt Messi was trying to be someone he's not. As he seems to be quite easy to read. He has his primadonna issues, as not liking to be subbed, and other stuff. That kinds of comes with the package, and he is a very competitive person. But he never seemed arrogant or full of himself to me.

K

kroki223

Do you compare Messi with Ronaldo, the same features? Please, you are really on the wrong way.

Messi was selfish some years ago, but not now. About sel-confidence! If he had had enough from it, then why was he invisible after some mistakes? May be now not, but now when he makes a mistakes it disturbs him, and he needs a lot of power not to give up the match. He started to fight .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans