10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kroki223

I think iniesta is really fake, but Messi not. Messi was really a quiet guy. He came to Barcelona. He had a serious illness. Messi didn't talk much. It wasn't fake. Nowadays he is more direkt, but he is an introvert person.

Pitbull2k4

I don't know, using myself as an example I am the sort of person who is not afraid to admit just how good I am at something and would rather not put a fake cover of humility on, like society conditions is to do these days. People would class this as arrogance I guess but others would respect you more for not hiding your true nature, what you see is what you get with Ronaldo. I'm probably in the camp which prefers someone who is honest with themselves and doesn't hide who they are and gets hated for it rather then someone who is falsely humble when really, they are totally in love with themselves and gets praise for that.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular here but just making a general observation

You can't really use arrogance as a blanket term for a good or bad trait, it all depends on the context. That he's arrogant is one thing, but what is he arrogant about? He's one of the best footballers of this generation in one of the best clubs, having historic seasons goal wise, and what does he say? People are jealous of my looks and money... Really!? If he would've said people are jealous of my football success or skill that would be one thing, but this just shows how vacuous he is as a person, just a vain 'prettyboy' with the IQ of a brick.

Ofcourse I don't know him personally, but that is how he comes across. Especially his whining face and temper tantrums (literally flinging his arms around and stamping his feet) are what makes him look so dumb.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
You can't really use arrogance as a blanket term for a good or bad trait, it all depends on the context. That he's arrogant is one thing, but what is he arrogant about? He's one of the best footballers of this generation in one of the best clubs, having historic seasons goal wise, and what does he say? People are jealous of my looks and money... Really!? If he would've said people are jealous of my football success or skill that would be one thing, but this just shows how vacuous he is as a person, just a vain 'prettyboy' with the IQ of a brick.

Ofcourse I don't know him personally, but that is how he comes across. Especially his whining face and temper tantrums (literally flinging his arms around and stamping his feet) are what makes him look so dumb.

He is right though, the human race is an envious one. I think you would find most of Ronaldo's "haters" hate him because of his looks and money. Let's be honest here guys, Ronaldo is an extremely good looking and wealthy guy. He's getting the same hate Brad Pitt does/did from guys. If he was some fat, ugly, bald guy with money and loads of girls people would be forgiving because at least they can say " At least I'm better looking then that guy", with Ronaldo, that is not the case.

X

xaviniesta

I don't know, using myself as an example I am the sort of person who is not afraid to admit just how good I am at something

you are very good at football and especially in analysing the players and that stuff, we already know that!

btw, i'
m being honest and admit something too. i've always found CR to be very ugly, especially his face. i'm not saying i hate him, because i'm not. but i can't stand his face and that childish arrogance. as for money, yeah, who doesn't want this kind of money, but nobodys hating him because of that. and for playing style, i don't even bother...

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
He is right though, the human race is an envious one. I think you would find most of Ronaldo's "haters" hate him because of his looks and money. Let's be honest here guys, Ronaldo is an extremely good looking and wealthy guy. He's getting the same hate Brad Pitt does/did from guys.

That's laughable. Every footballer playing for a first division club is rich. Why would anyone particularly hate Ronaldo for that trait?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

He is right though, the human race is an envious one. I think you would find most of Ronaldo's "haters" hate him because of his looks and money. Let's be honest here guys, Ronaldo is an extremely good looking and wealthy guy. He's getting the same hate Brad Pitt does/did from guys. If he was some fat, ugly, bald guy with money and loads of girls people would be forgiving because at least they can say " At least I'm better looking then that guy", with Ronaldo, that is not the case.
I don't think that's valid. Beckham is way more handsome than he is(I never found cr attractive), and he isn't like cr. Most people hate him because he is arrogant and full of himself. There's plenty of examples of successful, rich and handsome men that are not hated because of it.

Doobs

The Messiah
The fact is it was minute 45. There was a whole second half to fix it, and at least we weren't losing... Villa's pass wasn't great, but at least he tried to, but even that wasn't enough for Messi...

Messi is a world class player and everyone watch him, and learn from him, specially kids. I'm pretty sure your best friends don't have the same status. There's no excuses for this kind of behaviour.

Sorry but I think you need to STFU about this, your making a mountain out of a mole hill just for the fuck off it (not sure if you're a Barca fan)

If you ever played football in real-life with friends you'll know that shouting and arguing on the pitch during a tense game when you are not performing is routine practice, in fact its astounding to see how footballers are usually so well behaved on the pitch with each other (Especially Barcelona)

I'd go as far as to say that situations like this not only better the players relationship with each other on the pitch but also off it. I knew that was the case when I played with my best friends,
via arguing we were teaching each other as we played.

Lastly, dude, its a game ffs.

Daemul

+1000

I think most footballers in general are pretty fake, even my favourite 'nice guy' Clarence Seedorf fights alot, but when in the spotlight you'd think he was the most genuine, great guy, i still :wub: him though. The only person who actually strikes me as genuine is Iniesta, i've always thought Messi was fake, kinda obvious to me.

lol yeah, thats why I love Ibrahimovic, he truly doesn't give a fuck what people think about him, he just acts himself and isn't afraid to let people know just how good he is at football.

"I Am Brilliant"

Daemul

I don't think that's valid. Beckham is way more handsome than he is(I never found cr attractive), and he isn't like cr. Most people hate him because he is arrogant and full of himself. There's plenty of examples of successful, rich and handsome men that are not hated because of it.

Beckham handsome? :alveshat:

Nah, I get what you mean, but envy is still there.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
lol yeah, thats why I love Ibrahimovic, he truly doesn't give a fuck what people think about him, he just acts himself and isn't afraid to let people know just how good he is at football.

"I Am Brilliant"

Alright let's not go that far, Ibra is a tosser :lol: but yeah at least he's true to himself.

F

Flavia

Beckham handsome? :alveshat:

Nah, I get what you mean, but envy is still there.
Yes, beckham. Way more than cr7. cr7 really doesn't have a pretty face, Beckham does. And people can be envious of any trait, but cr being somehow good looking has nothing to do with why he's not a likeable person. He's also envy of Messi, or he wouldn't call him "the midget".

Alright let's not go that far, Ibra is a tosser :lol: but yeah at least he's true to himself.
To be true to oneself, one doesn't really have to be arrogant or cocky, you know? I really don't understand this myth with football players.

Daemul

Yes, beckham. Way more than cr7. cr7 really doesn't have a pretty face, Beckham does. And people can be envious of any trait, but cr being somehow good looking has nothing to do with why he's not a likeable person. He's also envy of Messi, or he wouldn't call him "the midget".

Messi is a midget though :pep:

But yeah, it seems that Ronaldo isn't very likeable to most people, his personality has never bothered me though.

you are very good at football and especially in analysing the players and that stuff, we already know that!

Dude, it's fact, guess who was the poster who realised how sucky David Luiz was going to be before everyone else? I'll give you a clue, he's the best player at Soccermanager :coffee:

Yannick03

Ronaldo isn't really arrogant to be honest, he just whines and sulks a hell of a lot. When you have been privileged enough to make millions out of kicking a ball around a pitch, normal people don't take kindly to you complaining lmao

"They are jalous of me because I'm handsome, rich and a good footballer"
It screams arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans