10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

I'm sure her family will be there to support her. It's no big deal. When he holds his child that will be the most beautiful moment for him... Also I had a horrible nightmare last night where Madrid beat us 9-4.

I had a dream that Argentina won the world cup with Messi beeing top scorer. And I played a football match with Iniesta and Neymar and of course I was better than Neymar but I don't see Rosell making me offers to come at Barca :pep:

ammarfcb

ze special one
if he pops out tomorrow he will share a birthday with PELE! :pep:

or he could wait till the 30th and share a birthday day with maradona

oz187

You have to take account of the fact that Messi prefers to play in the false 9 position. If you demoted him to the wing he wouldn't respond so well. It makes things difficult in a sense. Messi draws players towards him to being in the middle the centre of the pitch gets crowded. In one sense teams seem to be parking the bus, when in fact it's just that they are crowding Messi. When he was on the right the same thing would happen and the players would crowd towards him on the right, however this created a lot of space on the left. I don't think that you need to change the whole system for an entire game, but if things are difficult it would be good to see Messi drift out to the right wing more often to draw defenders away from the middles and create space. If you're looking at stats, you should also look at the Champions League stats compared to the La Liga stats.

Leo10

Does anyone know when is the last date for coaches, journalists and captains to vote for Ballon Dor 2013?

On October 30th FIFA posts the list of 23 nominees. On November 30th the final 3 players are announced.
One thing I didn't find on the FIFA website is the final date to vote. I guess its at least a few days before the list of final 3 is published right?

From barcastuff
Camacho (coach CHN): "I've already voted for the Ballon d'Or, for Iniesta. my 3 votes went to Iniesta, Casillas, and Xavi." [marca via md]

F

Frejsgodes

“Messi has gotten big in North America. One survey has shown that Messi is more popular in the U.S. than NBA star Dwyane Wade..” - Grant Wahl

2ewmk8z.jpg

Dwayne..

zwjjvk.jpg

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Johan Cruyff: "Messi is the star, of course. But he only plays so well because he has Iniesta, Xavi or Fabregas to help him — look at the difference when he plays with Argentina, when the supporting quality is not there. But Messi is in a different league, on a different planet."

Is Cryuff smoking something?

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

a star player can only shine when he has a great team behind him. look at jordan, pele etc. all the greatest have had a great team behind them. so does messi. i can't see anything wrong with that stament. what i see wrong when people began so defensive about those staments and start this nonsene about can he conqure the world on his own and all that shit and end their argument with messi is much better than CR...

J

jiopi

Johan Cruyff: "Messi is the star, of course. But he only plays so well because he has Iniesta, Xavi or Fabregas to help him — look at the difference when he plays with Argentina, when the supporting quality is not there. But Messi is in a different league, on a different planet."

Is Cryuff smoking something?
Has to be a old quote, because Messi has been just as good for Argentina than Barcelona this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans