10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberNjufer

since when has that become a requirement to be a man you silly person.I certainly dont have stats to back it up but i'm pretty sure most men chose not to watch,and to call it manly,really?

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
since when has that become a requirement to be a man you silly person.I certainly dont have stats to back it up but i'm pretty sure most men chose not to watch,and to call it manly,really?

Most? lol joke try again

To be fair, I can understand guys not wanting to see their wifes give birth, they may end up being more trouble then their worth, since there are guys who faint at the sight of blood or can't handle stressful situations very well, or in some cases the wife just tells them to GTFO cause the guy may make her more nervous.

In those situations, I don't mind. Its the guys who decide to put something as pointless as football or anything else similar, before the birth of their child which annoys me. At least be outside the hospital room, don't run away.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

Will you guys stop arguing about whether or not someone should watch their child being born?

Does anyone have the stat on how many goals Messi had for 2011/2012 at the end of 2011? I am curious whether he is on pace to beat last year's scoring record.

Yugi

this thread lately

mother-of-god.jpg

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
If Messi was really great he'd break up with Antonella and refuse to acknowledge the kid exists like Maradona and Pele.

lessthanjake

I think you didn't notice me noticing that despite Barcas strikers being unproductive Barcelona scored record 190 goals last season. What do you think is the reason behind that? Certainly not only Messi's 20 goals more because in the season before Barcelona scored 43 goals less, not 20 less.

And I don't think you are having same point. Jtmx is saying that you are comparing a winger (Villa) and a 9 (Benzema).

I think our total goalscoring last year compared to the year before is a bit of a different topic since I was talking about the effect of Messi being in the false nine role and he was in that role both years.

With that said, Barcelona did actually score quite well last season, despite having no non-Messi forward who had a good goalscoring record. One COULD say that maybe the lack of a good goalscoring record from the forwards was actually because we played a more fluid game where the midfielders took a lot of the forwards' chances. I'd believe that more if it wasn't that we had Alexis and an out-of-form Pedro as our other strikers. I think they just legitimately weren't a great goalscoring duo last year, and I think because of that, last year is less relevant to the point I'm making; we wouldn't expect Alexis and Pedro to score as well as Higuain and Benzema.

However, as a side-issue, some things made us score so much, I think:

1). Messi was actually far better last year than the year before. He actually hit a fairly significant slump (or what would be defined as a slump for him at least) about halfway through the 2010-2011 season. That didn't happen last year. He was more clinical overall and ended up with far more goals.

2). We used the 3-4-3 a lot. That is obviously a significantly more offensive formation than the normal 4-3-3. It almost certainly led to us getting more goals, especially running up the score on lesser teams. It particularly gave our midfielders more chances to score, and we saw the fruits of this, with Xavi getting 14 goals, by far his best for a season. I do not think these chances for midfielders came at the expense of strikers; rather I think the 3-4-3 created them by frequently leaving a midfielder unmarked.

3). We stopped giving striker time to Bojan, Affellay, and Jeffren. People forget that we gave 3100 minutes of time to those three in the 2010-2011 season. They only scored 10 goals with that time. We did give some time to Tello and Cuenca, but they (Tello in particular) were better goalscoring-wise, despite being deployed much more as wingers than the three in 2010-2011 were.

4). The addition of Cesc. He's a more natural goalscorer than any midfielder we had the season before. While he did hit a slump the second half the season, he still ended up with 15 goals, which was likely better than someone else would've gotten with his minutes.

Kerrybai

Will you guys stop arguing about whether or not someone should watch their child being born?

Does anyone have the stat on how many goals Messi had for 2011/2012 at the end of 2011? I am curious whether he is on pace to beat last year's scoring record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvULFqH8hE

He had 29 goals for the first half of the season. Currently he has 15 goals in 12 games but it should be noted that he had 2 club world cup games and a uefa super cup game last year, however despite that he should hit a similar number by the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans