10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me55i D105

They will either play Córdoba or Real Sociedad in the next round, meaning it would be better for him to rest unless they lose the first game or something unexpected happens. But Messi being Messi will probably ask Tito to play and as before will get his wish granted :D.

raskolnikov

I wonder if he will play the friendly with Argentina in 2 weeks, read on another site he might not be called up/play because of thiago being born?

raskolnikov

Messi gets call up for the friendly against Saudi-Arabia.

15 games left to beat Müller's 85 goals, with currently projected to 93 goals playing every game.

8 La Liga
3 Copa Del Rey (probably wont play R32 2nd leg)
3 Uefa Champions League (probably wont play in Moscow, if the group win is guaranteed against Celtic)
1 National Friendly (called up)
I figure he will play 12 of those (8 liga/ 2ecl/ 1cdr/1 nt) scoring 13 goals is definitely within his possibilities, Messi is that good that he can probably score 10 in la liga alone.

Me55i D105

I hope Tito lets him play maximum amount of games without risking injury and that the whole team helps him score like Real did with Ronaldo the 40 goal season. You can see already see some of that, they rather pass Messi than others who have better position, but they should do it even more now :D, if they are winning of course.

Paganinisrvnge

You took that post WAY too seriously. Me55i D105 wasn't implying we should just sacrifice team titles for Messi's individual acheivements. He's just saying that since Messi is already close then why not go for the record? I wouldn't be mad if he played 20 or 30 minutes in the 2nd leg against Alaves. He could get a goal or 2 and the fans would be happy they got to see Messi.

raskolnikov

You took that post WAY too seriously. Me55i D105 wasn't implying we should just sacrifice team titles for Messi's individual acheivements. He's just saying that since Messi is already close then why not go for the record? I wouldn't be mad if he played 20 or 30 minutes in the 2nd leg against Alaves. He could get a goal or 2 and the fans would be happy they got to see Messi.

Its should be the least of the clubs concern though, I rather have messi not break the record and barca win the remaining 8 la liga games to be honest.
When they are qualified for cl ko, and winning big in a game in la liga then I would not mind them looking for Messi.
Similair to what pedro did last year in the rayo 0-7 game, he was looking for messi a lot cause they wanted him to become pichichi.
Besides, Messi is good enough to break that record without his teammates trying to help him, it will all work out;)

Kerrybai

In 2009 we had a 4-0 aggregate lead against Cultural Leonesa and Messi was brought around the hour mark and scored. Pep said afterwards that he was brought on because the fans wanted to see him so its certainly possible he could player against Alaves.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Fuck Messi breaking the record, it's not worth it if he gets injured. Team titles are far more important then Messi breaking some stupid record.

K

kroki223

For me records are important, because it's a fantastic thing in Messi's case.

K

kroki223

It would be a record, what nobody could break. I mean Müller's goal numbers.

Paganinisrvnge

Someone implies that since Messi is close to the record that the team should give him a couple extra passes in games that are already won and instantly they don't give a shit about the team winning?

Papabeef

Barca > Any Barca player no doubt! Having said this any team in the world wants to play Messi as long as they can so it should all fall out together smoothly for a Win - Win situation i believe.

Mullers record will be passed by 2 goals i say 87 Messi goals at Xmas.

*I will not share my crystal ball with anyone ! its Mine..... all mine!

MMKa

Conclusion is the best part:

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2012/10/12/cox-lionel-messi-is-three-world-class-players-in-one/
I’d love to restrict his movement for three separate matches. First, I’d let him operate only in the final third, to showcase his shooting. Second, he’d have to stick to one flank, to highlight his dribbling. Third, I’d restrict him to the centre of midfield. to demonstrate his passing.

In three completely different roles, I’m confident he’d remain Barcelona’s key player. And that, in a roundabout way, shows why Messi is so devastating: he is three world-class players combined.

Fourth: place Messi as a keeper :messi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans