10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
About his "dive":

[youtube]B78vLMLr5qE[/youtube]

Replay at 0.55 shows contact, Messi milks it but not so much a blatant dive. 0.32 shows you Carvalho's doubting face, he knew he was in trouble there. Both a yellow would have been better to settle it, like he did with Valdes and Ronaldo.

Anyway, it was going on like this in the last 5 minutes of the first half. It started with Messi pressing Carvalho when on the ball and bumping into him. A minute later or so Messi nicks the ball off Ramos and counters, Pepe prevents the counter brilliantly and Carvalho bumps 'incidentally' into him.

15ofb12.jpg

And then the good tackle from Carvalho, Messi falls (nothing else to do as he really got tackled), Carvalho gets nuts at Messi and the rest you can see.

I'm still leaning towards a dive or at least semi-dive, the touch looks to be very soft and Leo takes that extra movie star split second to react.

gingerless

I have to say I lost quite a bit of respect for Messi as a human being yesterday. He showed he is just as much a cheat as a lot of other players.
He barely got touched by Carvalho yet went down as if he´d been punched full on in the face. If that´s all it takes to knock him down he should definitely not try boxing cos he´d be absolutely awful.
Don´t get me wrong he is a great player but obviously not a very sporting person. He should be embarrassed of himself. O a lo mejor es sin vergüenza como otros jugadores de Barca por ejemplo Puyol, Dani Alves y el gran tramposo Sergio Busquets. No tengo ni un grano de respeto para el por sus acciones el año pasado.

why do these once in a lifetime trolls come here :slap:

i don't wanna look like a hypocrite here, but you can't call that a dive, he was play acting, mliking it but not diving.... there certainly was enough contact (he elbowed him in the face, however 'soft' you may think, imagine getting someone elses elbow in your teeth) and he lost his cool about it thus he tried to make a fuss and get cuntvalho sent off (also because earlier he intentionally kneed him in the head) sadly today you have to sometimes milk it to get cunts like this to stop making fouls and get away with it

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Because they need to find even the slightest thing that isn't perfect about Barca and amplify it so that them not liking Barca made sense to them.
Or better said; attempt to make their jealousy for Barca football sound reasonable.
I've seen Terry, Lampard, Rooney and whonot dive. Everyone does it sometimes. Ones who are making it sound as if only Barca players do it are usually biased Premiership fans. You know the sort: "Messi is not the best before he scores vs. EPL teams" or "Xavi needs to prove himself in mighty EPL".. etc.

Unfortunately, English press are doing a good job in maintaining that biased view on football and I can't really blame the young eneration as they know nothing better than they are being served these days.

Because they need to find even the slightest thing that isn't perfect about Barca and amplify it so that them not liking Barca made sense to them.
Or better said; attempt to make their jealousy for Barca football sound reasonable.
I've seen Terry, Lampard, Rooney and whonot dive. Everyone does it sometimes. Ones who are making it sound as if only Barca players do it are usually biased Premiership fans. You know the sort: "Messi is not the best before he scores vs. EPL teams" or "Xavi needs to prove himself in mighty EPL".. etc.

Amen, very well said.

nebeer

Love is All
It would have been perfect for Messi if he didn't go down, but in a game of football, when you are elbowed in your face players often may have to resort to going down just to catch the eyes of the refs that he was elbowed. And Carvalho did elbow him, so the intention was there, it's another matter that it wasn't that hard. Carvalho should have gotten a yellow for that.

J

Jordzibob

Sorry, I fail to see how there's any debate here. He elbowed him in the face. You watch the video, if he doesnt hit him with an elbow then its an arm in the face. That's a redcard. I really really cannot see what anyone is arguing about?

Pedram123

Sorry, I fail to see how there's any debate here. He elbowed him in the face. You watch the video, if he doesnt hit him with an elbow then its an arm in the face. That's a redcard. I really really cannot see what anyone is arguing about?

Exactly. Definetely a red card, and that was no "soft" hit.
You could probably be punched in the face, and maybe still be standing up, but the thing in football is, you almost always have to throw yourself down, or the ref will simply not give a foul.
What i consider a dive, is when there's absoloutely NO physical contact and the person *hint* (Ronaldo) Still pushes himself down to the ground.

ryuken

Well haters gonna hate, so just leave those fuking fukers be. If the troll above had lost his respect for Messi after that one incident then i dont think he can respect anyone in this world of football.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Anyone who thinks Messi is a diver or not a good sportsman is not worthy of my or any other cule's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans