10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

powered by;
2 days ago it was 10 years since Messi signed his first contract with Barca.
Messi's father was in a restaurant with Rexach and threatened if Messi is not signed they would fly back to Argentina. Rexach called a waiter and signed a contract on a napkin.
It went something like: "As sporting director of the club, I guarantee that the club will assume all responsibility for the Messi family if they come to live in Barcelona and the kid joins the club."

iced1776

messi.jpg

The little wizard will score 5 this time!

NightWolf

Shame didn't score today, had 3 assists though. Great stuff from Barcelona in general. 5 goals or it's a failure seems to be the motto at the moment.

NightWolf

I'm not saying that he should have scored today but it would have been a great ending to a great match. Messi was brilliant today, would never argue against that. It's just a shame sometimes how people only notice the goals Messi score and not the work that he puts into creating them for others.

gingerless

he was too unselfish today and i'm not kidding, had many chances to shoot but passed it instead.

3 assists though, what the fuck is this guy smoking? just decides to be a xavi today just wow...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the way he can redefine himself to fit the opposition is amazing.

Espanyol didn't give him much in behind as they constantly pressed him when he had possession high up the pitch (ignore the horrid miss for a second, because Alves created that by robbing a defender) so he came deep to help ignite the play as it entered the final third. some of his dribbles were beautiful, Espanyol couldn't touch him. then later on, with them still pressing him, he held the ball and distributed it to others who had run into space as the defence collapsed on him.

genius.

gingerless

the way he can redefine himself to fit the opposition is amazing.

Espanyol didn't give him much in behind as they constantly pressed him when he had possession high up the pitch (ignore the horrid miss for a second, because Alves created that by robbing a defender) so he came deep to help ignite the play as it entered the final third. some of his dribbles were beautiful, Espanyol couldn't touch him. then later on, with them still pressing him, he held the ball and distributed it to others who had run into space as the defence collapsed on him.

genius.

^^ good analysis.

anyone still think he's being affected by the CR-messi goalscoring thing?

zanela

Positives - Playmaking and the short hairdo

Negatives - Finishing (granted he didn't 've many one on ones with the keeper but that missed sitter in the early part of the match was just plain awful..facepalm like) and the rolling on the floor was a bit too much for my liking.

Moe