10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver

He is having his best season ever. He plays a complete forward. Not as a target man. He's doing great.

Idiots remarks from "messi boy" on the forum

e28makaveli

I still think Messi is in the wrong position on field......there's just no room for him to hold on to the ball, nor to make any sort of cheeky run.

Many say he's fine there (even he himself said that!), but match after match, he's just stuck high up the opponent's half...doing not much at all...and the goals arent coming his way as frequently as in the past.

Of course i feel quite frustrated about his recent games, even tho barca stil win consistently...and yes, its quite irritating for me to see Ronaldo getting ahead of him in terms of goal...argh!

I really feel barca should let him stand where pedro is currently occupying...his talent and size is just not suitable as a center forward...maybe for someone with great height to receive high crosses...but certainly not Messi. I feel he plays best as a winger, with plenty of room to dribble and pass...just like the good ol days...

Ahhh, its just plain frustrating to see him play nowadays...truly, i want to see Messi make those humiliating runs against the opponents again, like the one with cannavaro and r.carlos..and whole lot more! :messi:

+1. Messi plays best in the right. He is no center forward but I think he has a floating role. Lately he has been coming deep to collect the ball to take it forward and he does this from left or right, sometimes switching with Iniesta. IMHO Barca has nobody that can play the center striker position. All of our forwards do not play well with their back to the opponent's goal as they are either not strong enough to hold the ball or do not have tricky moves to turn.

Yeah, i have to say ur quite right...

Somehow, i still dont understand why he always stay up so high on the opponent's half....i feel he should be found nearer to the half line and as u say, start and create a play...and hopefully he goes all the way! i dont like to say this tho, but Messi's work rate is quite poor for most games..maybe its his own fault the goals arent coming...or maybe he's too generous with the ball. :p
I disagree about his work rate. Messi is as hard working as they come. This is definitely no lazy player. IMO, the other team members need to pick up any "slack" just like Iniesta has been doing. I do not think it is fair to place the whole burden of starting play on Messi's shoulders. I actually do sympathize with him. Pedro and Villa rarely take any initiative, the former preferring to pass back than take on his man, more often than not, and with the latter missing just too many sitters. Alves has been helping in the attack and I saw Pique try some of that today too! I just hope Affellay gets a chance to play more as he is more direct, just like Messi.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Covers:
scaled.php

makes me even happier we knocked them out of CL...can't imagine what it would be like if he had gone to CL final
why I'm reading everywhere that there are 2 games left? there are 3 games left: Levante, Depor, Malaga...correct me if I'm wrong

Hatem Ben Arfa

Call me paranoid but..............

I swear Iniesta was giving Messi bad passes on purpose! Almost as if he didn't want him to score today. Like he had some beef with Messi in training or something had gone on between the two.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
MAYBE!

But I think all of Iniesta's passes to Messi were unsuccessful except for 1. Just what I noticed. How often does that happen for Iniesta, while his passes to other teammates had a much higher success rate.

or probably the opponents are more expectant of his passes (well actually anyone's pass) to Messi so it's easier to predict and prevent? or probably because no other player is as heavily marked as Leo?

040a7b74a8c6a619ef610eb329be6702-getty-fbl-esp-barcelona-espanyol.jpg

beautiful pic is beautiful

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Love that pic....but anyways I think it's because a lot of the time they go for high-risk passes. Many passes to Messi really aren't the easiest and sometimes they can't keep up lol. So yeah it's intercepted a lot. I am suuuuuuure there is no secret beef going on between the two :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans