10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatem Ben Arfa

You know Yugi, Pele got registered in Santos' squad for the club world cup this year, so we might see one of those games sooner than you'd think. ;)

That is a bad Idea, I can see the future already. Mascherano will do one of his famous tackles on Pele, leaving him on the floor with a broken hip and needing a knee replacement.

AURELIUS

watch any Pele documentary! loads of his teammates have good words for him. And those that do not, it is probably down to personality issues.

Do all of Argentina 1986 team have good things to say about Maradona? Or has he fallen out with some of them because of Maradona's egotistical pompus personality a part of the reason wh?

Aside from Valdano who was an arrogant so and so even back then and perhaps Batista may be miffed about comments made over his management. Ask someone like Forlan how Diego helped him for instance. Maradona may have a overblown personality but he doesn't kiss the authorities backside like Pele and his team mates have little problem with him.

Unsurprising though to find the majority of people here in Britain take Pele over Maradona after all who knocked out England and hence have some slight level of bias ........ Meanwhile the rest of the world takes Diego.

If there are a few supporters of Pele there are far more many team mates of his who find him most unlikeable. He is Ronaldo in that respect.

I suspect Ronnie for instance is no fan. Pele the best ? There are plenty of other Brazilians starting with Garrincha who could lay a claim to that.

M

mitkoa7x

That is a bad Idea, I can see the future already. Mascherano will do one of his famous tackles on Pele, leaving him on the floor with a broken hip and needing a knee replacement.

And why exactly would Masch tackle him so badly? He is neither fast nor has the technique to beat him anymore. Mascherano isnt the woodcutter people think he is... FFS

Hatem Ben Arfa

Aside from Valdano who was an arrogant so and so even back then and perhaps Batista may be miffed about comments made over his management. Ask someone like Forlan how Diego helped him for instance. Maradona may have a overblown personality but he doesn't kiss the authorities backside like Pele and his team mates have little problem with him.

Unsurprising though to find the majority of people here in Britain take Pele over Maradona after all who knocked out England and hence have some slight level of bias ........ Meanwhile the rest of the world takes Diego.

If there are a few supporters of Pele there are far more many team mates of his who find him most unlikeable. He is Ronaldo in that respect.

I suspect Ronnie for instance is no fan. Pele the best ? There are plenty of other Brazilians starting with Garrincha who could lay a claim to that.

And yet it was Pele that Brazilians treated like a GOD!

Hatem Ben Arfa

And why exactly would Masch tackle him so badly? He is neither fast nor has the technique to beat him anymore. Mascherano isnt the woodcutter people think he is... FFS

Mascherano IS a wood cutter!

Not so much now at Barca. But in his Liverpool days, that was all he did. Try get the ball but do his best to make sure he took as much as he could of the man too.

He only reverts to his old self when a Barca player gets chopped down unfairly.

ROFLMAO that Pele doesn't have the technique. :lol:

Technique is all you need to beat someone.

M

mitkoa7x

Mascherano IS a wood cutter!

Not so much now at Barca. But in his Liverpool days, that was all he did. Try get the ball but do his best to make sure he took as much as he could of the man too.

He only reverts to his old self when a Barca player gets chopped down unfairly.

ROFLMAO that Pele doesn't have the technique. :lol:

Technique is all you need to beat someone.

Hm.. Idk about you but I havent seen him play recently so I guess his technique is rusty to say the least...

T

tariqo

ROFLMAO at Pele doesn't even come close to Maradona :lol:

PELE is the best. Don't let Pele's egotistical douche baggery make you hate him so much that you become blind and illogical.

pele is overrated & this is the truth

he is not even close to top 20 player all time

messi
maradona
real ronaldo

the best ever played the game & by the way

people will remember messi's magical goals not that he played with great players ^_^

where is the ball:lol:

Last edited:
T

tariqo

The thing many forget about Pelé's time is that his teammates he was playing with were also Brazilian legends. Altafini, Coutinho, Didi, Garrincha, Pepe, Vavá, Zagallo etc. They've been an absolut dream team. When Brazil won the WC in 1962, Pelé injured himself in the second game of the group stages and Brazil still EASILY won the whole thing.

Brazil without Pelé:

last game of the group stages against Spain: Brazil 2 - Spain 1

quarter finals: Brazil 3 - England 1

semi finals: Brazil 4 - Chile 2

finals: Brazil 3 - Czechoslovakia 1

So Pelé has a World Cup to his name in which he did not even participate for 180 minutes. Put Messi in such a team (today's Spain) and he'll win the World Cup 3 times, too. Maradona might be the only player who really won a World Cup by himself. That and his achievements with Napoli make him the greatest player of all time for me. Pelé does not even come close. In fact, most Brazilian's regard Garrincha as a better player than Pelé.

this

Hatem Ben Arfa

pele is overrated & this is the truth

he is not even close to top 20 player all time

messi
maradona
real ronaldo

the best ever played the game & by the way

people will remember messi's magical goals not that he played with great players ^_^

where is the ball:lol:

yes, ALL Pele's free kicks were like this and that is why he is nowhere near Maradonna...............................Really? :lol: what a flawed biased logic. The logic of a HATER!

If that is the logic you are trying to use, you have hardly watched Pele footage. He scored loads and loads of free kicks.

ppfft....

AzaR

I've said it so many times but I'll say it again , the defending , goalkeeping and general level of football in Pele's day was tripe in comparison to modern day football.

ZeeMessi

While I have no doubt that Pele is in the top 5 of those who ever played the game (maybe #1 I cannot say since I have only seen highlights) he runs his mouth too much and in many peoples eyes it brings him down. He gets very precious anytime someone threatens to break into the parthenon of soccer greats. Messi deserves to be top5 of all time when he retires (assuming he continues on this path) and where he sits will be opinion based only.

For me... I hope to have the opinion of him being #1 when he retires :) :)

joffess

Barca has scored 40 goals this season (only official matches i think) Messi has either assisted or scored 25 of them, that's 62,5%. While RM's got 32 goals, and Roanldo is involved in 46,8% of them.

Why do people still say that Ronaldo is better because he makes more difference? 120 matches, 116 goals and 46 assist since 09/10, can you even argue against those stats?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Barca has scored 40 goals this season (only official matches i think) Messi has either assisted or scored 25 of them, that's 62,5%. While RM's got 32 goals, and Roanldo is involved in 46,8% of them.

Why do people still say that Ronaldo is better because he makes more difference? 120 matches, 116 goals and 46 assist since 09/10, can you even argue against those stats?

Because Barca are Messi-centric, he makes part of large chunk of the goals. Ronaldo is a team player

Get back to the discussion when Messi can head the ball as well as Ronaldo and take the free-kicks as well as him

joffess

Because Barca are Messi-centric, he makes part of large chunk of the goals. Ronaldo is a team player

Get back to the discussion when Messi can head the ball as well as Ronaldo and take the free-kicks as well as him

Then how is Ronaldo the one making more difference?

Ronaldo is mediocre header and freekicker, you get back into the discussion when Ronaldo gets better then Messi at anything other then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans