10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatem Ben Arfa

You wouldn't expect Leo to say that and normally I wouldn't agree with his outburst, but I believe he is tired of all the abuse he is taking every week(not to mention against RM), of all the penalties that the reffs are refusing to give him and how they are treating him in general. I remember that in the last El Clasico from La Liga, he took a yellow card for saying to the refferee that he doesn't signal one foul against RM and then he saw Iker, Pepe and Mouriarty saying/doing worse things and going unpunished(and Caparos taking a 2 match being banned after Mallorca-RM for speaking against the reff)
The one reason that made me sad to see that Pepe got away with that stamp on Messi's hand was the fact that exactly one year ago Leo had to pay a fine for showing a message for him mom on his t-shirt. It just doesn't seem fair.
And unfortunately the reffereing in La Liga seems to be getting worse(Malaga-Sevilla from the other day was another example). That's why I'm enjoying the Bundesliga, where the relation players-refferee is less tense.

The Messi ref quotes are old news. I mentioned it days ago.

And Messi got booked in that Classico for clearly shouting 'PUTO' as he walk right by the referee after complaining about no card for the foul on Alexis.

JDaniels

tumblr_lna5mgPMTA1qh8ov4o1_500.gif

B

barcelonista

www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/...ar-lionel-messi-gives-the-ball-away-more-than

I know it's a goal.com article but the stats are real.

Gives away the ball more than any primera player.
It's something I've noticed too.
Maybe he could improve that aspect of his game but to his defence he does try solo dribbles more than any other player.

It's a flawed statistic, because it only shows absolute numbers. His passing accuracy is 86.4 %, which is superb for his position. Just as a comparison. Ronaldo's is 81.7 %. In ABSOLUTE numbers Messi is worse though because Messi plays 74 passes on average in a game while Ronaldo only passes 40 times on average in 90 minutes. So even with a higher passing accuracy he'll lose the ball more often in absolute numbers. Because he simply passes more.

BarcaGirl

His attitude in the last few games sucks! I'm disappointed with him, and it's not only about the missed penalty. His overall play is beyond pathetic ...he just walks on the ground, doesn't help in defence, doesn't pass the ball and looks like he doesn't give a single fuck. It's about time Pep takes the courage and puts him on the bench. It can't go on like this. :angry:

B

barcelonista

I don't care about his penalties. The way he starts to sulk when things aren't going well is a bit disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans