10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan03

doesn't seem motivated at all when playing with Argentina, except maybe on Maradona's era in the WC in which i think he played great. sad that he easily gets frustrated and irked. That's not the attitude of a captain and much less of a #10 for Argentina.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He wasn't as bad as they will say because of a few shocking mistakes, but he should not be the captain. I hated that move from day 1 and the way Argentina is playing under his captaincy is even worse than I was expecting, I didn't think Sabella would be THIS shitty.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
they could have Ayala wearing the armband, and with Sabella in charge the team would still be a mess.

well, maybe not Ayala, coz then he'd actually be in defence and help things. but you know what I mean.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm not blaming Messi for being captain at all, but it's making a shitty situation worse for him.

Mascherano is not captain material either but at least when he had the armband Messi wasn't expected to do EVERYTHING.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
what really bugs me is that most of these European-based guys are clearly not good enough, yet the AFA's donkey parade persist with them, only making minor changes along the way.

I mean, Musacchio may be raw, but he's young and can improve. you can say none of those things about Demichelis who is just shit. and the fullbacks! you cannot honestly tell me there are no passable fullbacks in the Argentine Division? and why is the fucking system always 4231?! it's clear you need width and it's clear you don't have many fullbacks who can provide it, so why not switch to 3 at the back and use wingers as wingbacks? or use fullbacks that aren't that solid defensively?

THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS BUT THESE FUCKERS JUST DON'T TRY THEM!

they just coast, and coast, and coast. blech.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The 4-2-3-1 for Argentina is sorta like the 4-4-2 with England, it's just something you do.

Except with England 4-4-2 still makes sense because all they have going for them is pace, while Argentina keeps looking for balance that just doesn't exist, or if it does isn't developed properly because apparently Demichelis and Burdisso are still competent defenders to the AFA.

Spooge

How bad is the argentine defence? the midfield isnt too clever either.

Feel sorry Messi. The team changes coaches and players like its going out of fashion and he seems to shoulder all the blame. Hes just not on the same wavelength as his team mates.

Vegy

A coach who still thinks Demichelis is a good defender should never, EVER manage a team as good as Argentina.

Sorry, Messi, but as long as there's an incompetent coach at the helm of your Country you'll never play as well with them as you do with Barcelona.

Hatem Ben Arfa

A coach who still thinks Demichelis is a good defender should never, EVER manage a team as good as Argentina.

Sorry, Messi, but as long as there's an incompetent coach at the helm of your Country you'll never play as well with them as you do with Barcelona.

How bad is the argentine defence? the midfield isnt too clever either.

Feel sorry Messi. The team changes coaches and players like its going out of fashion and he seems to shoulder all the blame. Hes just not on the same wavelength as his team mates.

Oh Coloccini !!!!

fabricio-coloccini-celebrates-his-goal-694982362.jpg

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Messi: "There are many disappointments. I don’t know if people can be patient. World Cup, Copa America, and now this. It’s hard. ”

Poor Leo. :(

Caramel

Messi: "There are many disappointments. I don’t know if people can be patient. World Cup, Copa America, and now this. It’s hard. ”

Poor Leo. :(

Leo :(

I'm always rooting for Argentina above all teams ( since my country's team is so shit , it never goes anywhere) I really want Argentina to win the next World cup , and for Lio to shut everyone up... But that seems unlikely...that defense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans