10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

But the problem you'd expect from using 3-4-3 when you don't need to is that you'd give up more goals. Barca has been giving up more goals this season. They just are scoring more, which is not what you'd expect from using a more defensive formation.

We have conceded more yes, but remember Pique, Puyol, Alba, Alves, Bartra have missed time.

M

Malappapper

I think it's because as a whole Barcelona are performing much better in away games this season, last season was a bit iffy, this season it doesn't matter, I wonder if it was anything Tito did to change that :p

I think that we have been a bit luckier this season with how games developed and with ref decisions as well. We are also a bit fresher I think. Maybe we are also a bit more motivated after losing both major trophies in such unfair fashion last season.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

I think that we have been a bit luckier this season with how games developed and with ref decisions as well. We are also a bit fresher I think. Maybe we are also a bit more motivated after losing both major trophies in such unfair fashion last season.

Yep, last year we were robbed in several away games with goals disallowed and penalties.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
messiiamlegend.jpg

Kerrybai

But the problem you'd expect from using 3-4-3 when you don't need to is that you'd give up more goals. Barca has been giving up more goals this season. They just are scoring more, which is not what you'd expect from using a more defensive formation.

Well the reason you wouldn't expect more goals from 3-4-3 is that with 4-3-3 when we take we essentially go to two at the back. Alves and Alba or whoever is in their place fly up and down the wings. All 3-4-3 ever did was make us more vulnerable in defence. It really added nothing to our attack.

Kerrybai

Not sure about ref decisions, we have only been awarded 1 penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans