10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Not sure how reliable these stats are but anyways.

Ronaldo - 290 goals after 2475 shots

Messi - 283 goals after 1312 shots

Falcao - 176 goals after 533 shots

Van Persie - 166 goals after 1034 shots

Rooney - 205 goals after 1710 shots

Henry - 209 goals after 1354 shots

Falcao is easily the best number 9 in the world right now.

BarcaOG

Banned
whoa, falcao's stat there is impressive... but i question the accuracy of those stats. messi broke the 300 goal mark not too long ago

lessthanjake

I don't believe those Falcao numbers. Here are his available numbers according to whoscored:

La Liga:
2012/2013: 16 goals/54 shots
2011/2012: 24 goals/124 shots

That's a total of 40 goals in 178 shots.

If he actually has a total of 176 goals in 533 shots, then he got 136 goals in 355 shots prior to Atletico, which is a 38.3% conversion rate. I just do not believe he got that. More evidence on this: those numbers would mean that he only took 355 shots in 197 matches prior to coming to Atletico. I find it entirely implausible to believe that Falcao only attempted 1.8 shots a match. Iniesta attempted that many last season.

There's just odd statistics going on with Falcao. For instance, ESPN's stats say that Falcao shot only 17 shots for Porto in the entire 2010/2011 league campaign in which he started 22 matches, and that he scored 16 of those 17 shots. They also say that he only shot 32 league shots for Porto in 28 matches for Porto the prior year, scoring 25 of them.

M

mitkoa7x

What about Zlatan?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
and how many of those voters actually saw those players??? messi best eva, i'm 15 years old. yee.

Says who? You immediately assume the worst, even on most benign topics.
And btw., what are you, 20? That makes you an expert on everything and gives you the right to talk down to other fans?
Also, ridiculing Messi fans while being the worst Busquets fanboy yourself is another thing.

X

xaviniesta

Says who? You immediately assume the worst, even on most benign topics.
And btw., what are you, 20? That makes you an expert on everything and gives you the right to talk down to other fans?
Also, ridiculing Messi fans while being the worst Busquets fanboy yourself is another thing.

the poiunt of this is not what i think. i've never said that messi is the best ever or barcelona. i always say that i've never seen other teams/players playing. although i've seen some of the full matches from past, like ac milan, the dutch team, some of the brazil games from 80's etc. not to mention some youtube compilations. but this gives me nothing to claim that one is better than other. and i've never claimed myself as an expert of football.

or what you think how we should treat those guys who claims that messi is the BEST ever, while they started to follow football 2 years ago because of messi and they are, lets say 20 years old? this is just beyond me. it's like voting for top3 player of the game, while you've seen only the goals or highlights of the game. a little sense is needed. of course i'm assuming a lot of things here, but i think i'm not very far away from the truth.

Last edited:

Papabeef

the poiunt of this is not what i think. i've never said that messi is the best ever or barcelona. i always say that i've never seen other teams/players playing. although i've seen some of the full matches from past, like ac milan, the dutch team, some of the brazil games from 80's etc. not to mention some youtube compilations. but this gives me nothing to claim that one is better than other. and i've never claimed myself as an expert of football.

or what you think how we should treat those guys who claims that messi is the BEST ever, while they started to follow football 2 years ago because of messi and they are, lets say 20 years old? this is just beyond me. it's like voting for top3 player of the game, while you've seen only the goals or highlights of the game. a little sense is needed. of course i'm assuming a lot of things here, but i think i'm not very far away from the truth.

What about people who saw Di stefano, Pele, Maradona and Cruyff but think Messi is the greatest player ever, they become 100% credible in that case ? the way i see it, is its impossible to prove seeing the different era's, different teams and positions. Its the endless debate this one...

But Messi is up there with this bunch certainly, and we have not had a player in a while that competes with these legends, even the R9, Zidane and Dinho era did not stir out such comparisons and get masses to echo the "best ever" cry that Messi gets, i know its not a talisman to prove anything but the world Football viewers and fans opinion should be taken into account especially the neutral ones, non Argentina- Barca fans or Argentina - Barca direct rival fans.

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

What about people who saw Di stefano, Pele, Maradona and Cruyff but think Messi is the greatest player ever, they become 100% credible in that case ? the way i see it, is its impossible to prove seeing the different era's, different teams and positions. Its the endless debate this one...

of course not because it's subjective anyway. but at least these guys can bring up a debate bacuase they know what they are talking about. i personally don't care anyway if messi is the best or not, i'm juts privilaged to see him live. i just can't stand the things i just described earlier.

F

Flavia

Messi's new boots:

5oie1l.jpg

11vjv2e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans