10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantKiller

Even if you can't catch player, pressuring from behind creates deterrence which distracts players, and exactly what happened with the first Falcao 1on1, when Pyuol were running behind him. So one should never give up on the situation.

You can't pressure when you can't catch up and get close. Puyol running behind him wasn't exactly putting pressure on Falcao, ya'know.

poldep

2012-12-17_ENTRENO_20-Optimized.v1355750014.JPG

Messi laying an egg..eh..football :eusa_think:

J

jiopi

You can't pressure when you can't catch up and get close. Puyol running behind him wasn't exactly putting pressure on Falcao, ya'know.
Yes you can, being in vicinity can distract players. That is exactly what happened in first 1on1 which went wide.

GiantKiller

Yes you can, being in vicinity can distract players. That is exactly what happened in first 1on1 which went wide.

I don't know how that contradicts what I've said. Being in the vicinity in this case does not mean being behind and struggling to catch up.

J

jiopi

Well then there is nothing more to discuss on the matter really, for me Busi gave up on the run, when he shouldn't have.

J

jiopi

Liga goals excluding penaldos:

Messi - 24
Falcao - 11
Tristiano - 10
Aduriz - 9

On a level of his own :worthy:
Furthermore shot per goal (excluding penalties)

Messi 3.4
Falcao 4.5
Cronaldo 11.3

Messi putting on a clinic.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
No, since there's no reliable assist stats. There's different assist definitions, and assists weren't really counted 70 years ago

Papabeef

Falcao's goal caught our high defending line off guard add that to the speed of Falcao on the ball with the ball landing at a decent area for him and you got a recipe for a well played off guarded goal by Atletico, no single player to blame there, keeping up with Falcao's speed would have been possible with certain defenders i think like Dani, Adriano and Alba but yeah... we scored 4 after that and ended up beating the 2nd placed team in La Liga with some domination :barca scarf:

Pepe Silvia

Messi was to blame for losing the ball. Busi did his best to catch him but even had he tried to cut off the angle, El Tigre would have smoked him no problem, same with Puyol. He didn't even turn on the afterburners and had them both in the dust.

lessthanjake

Anyone running towards you when you're going to shoot can make you rush your shot. Granted, Falcao is world-class and is unlikely to feel rushed by someone who isn't going to catch him, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans