10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
30m a year? Ok, I love Barca and all, but if someone offered me 30m a year to play for them, I'm taking it. That sort of money would sort out the future of my family for generations. Unless one of my descendants is an idiot who blows all the money, the Jonathan line would live in comfort until the end of time.

La LL

Generally Delightful
30m a year? Ok, I love Barca and all, but if someone offered me 30m a year to play for them, I'm taking it. That sort of money would sort out the future of my family for generations. Unless one of my descendants is an idiot who blows all the money, the Jonathan line would live in comfort until the end of time.

And Messi can't guarantee the future of later generations already? There's financial security and then there's excess.

J

jiopi

Patrick Kluivert - "Leo Messi, for me the best player ever"

The argument has clearly moved now from the best in the world, to the best ever. Well, obviously that has been some time for now, but nice to see such comments pop up more frequently.

Leo10

I don't like that best ever comparisons. I do think that he is the best of this generation and comparing him to Tristiano, Zlatan, Henry, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidan is fine. However it seems wrong to compare him to players of 40-50 years ago (Maradona, Pele).

Honestly I don't care if he is the best ever, I love watching him live once or twice a week, comparing him football and statistics wise to Tristiano and thats as far as comparisons should go IMO.

F

Flavia

Tell that to all the rich people.

Messi would probably lose more money going to a less known league. He gets a lot more from his sponsors. And there's also other factors, as moving to a foreign, strange place, where you'd have to adapt and be away from family and friends, and so on. Money is not everything, and thankfully Messi doesn't think like you :p

Daemul

So because other rich people buy six yachts and waste their money it means you should?

No, but then again, i'm not rich, I don't know how a rich person thinks. The rest of us laugh at them and wonder why the spend so much money on loads of cars and big houses but we have never been in their situation. I always hear people say that even if they became a millionaire they wouldn't change, a person I know who said that did become a millionaire, and they did change and became like his peers. None of us will never know until we are in their situation, but if my constant gold searching when I don't even need it in Skyrim is anything to go by, I would end up doing the same things :lol:

Daemul

Messi would probably lose more money going to a less known league. He gets a lot more from his sponsors. And there's also other factors, as moving to a foreign, strange place, where you'd have to adapt and be away from family and friends, and so on. Money is not everything, and thankfully Messi doesn't think like you :p

Messi is more like me than you think :pep:

Nah, I don't know, I would have to get to know Messi as a person first, just gotta get rid of his best mate Pinto then fill in the spot. I could just get the beard and the ponytail and maybe Messi won't notice. Footballers aren't known for their brains :rofl1:

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

He already has tons of money to several generations. There´s one thing that russian money can´t buy: the pleasure of playing and winning in barcelona.

I know a lot of rich people, and most of them think like me. Very humble and modest people, they live their lives that way since most of their money is reinvested in their businesses that they have built for most of their adult lives. Those businesses were just a crazy idea in their minds, but it ended up great for those people and I would like to be like them.

Messi can make whatever he wants. I apologize for asking (blinding ignorance), what is Messi's buyout at Barcelona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans