10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShandyFFM

I know a lot of rich people, and most of them think like me. Very humble and modest people, they live their lives that way since most of their money is reinvested in their businesses that they have built for most of their adult lives. Those businesses were just a crazy idea in their minds, but it ended up great for those people and I would like to be like them.

Messi can make whatever he wants. I apologize for asking (blinding ignorance), what is Messi's buyout at Barcelona?

250 mil ... his salary is around 16-18 mil ( after his contract extension to 2018 barca decided not to raise his old buyout which was 250 mil )

Stric

While we're at it, this may be a strange question, but I don't know much about these things... who determines the buyout clause? I'd imagine this is a negotiation between the club and the player before they sign the contract? Am I getting this right?

By the way, am I the only one who thinks we should raise some of our players' buyout clauses?

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

It´s negotiated between the player and the club.

What players Stric? The youngsters?

Stric

Well, Messi, for starters. If there was ever a rift between him and the club (although I don't believe that would ever happen), I'd bet anything that there would be someone willing to pay 250 mil for him. Alba at 90? He's the best left back in the world. Give it some more time and once he gets the recognition he deserves, I'm sure clubs like Anzhi, PSG, Zenit, Shenhua, etc. would be willing to offer him incredible wages and buy him out. The numbers are getting higher each year, just look at the incredible figures spent this summer on mediocre players. If we really want to keep some of our players at all costs (at least in such a scenario), then we should probably have buyout clauses that no one would ever consider paying.

Genossa

Well, Messi, for starters. If there was ever a rift between him and the club (although I don't believe that would ever happen), I'd bet anything that there would be someone willing to pay 250 mil for him. Alba at 90? He's the best left back in the world. Give it some more time and once he gets the recognition he deserves, I'm sure clubs like Anzhi, PSG, Zenit, Shenhua, etc. would be willing to offer him incredible wages and buy him out. The numbers are getting higher each year, just look at the incredible figures spent this summer on mediocre players. If we really want to keep some of our players at all costs (at least in such a scenario), then we should probably have buyout clauses that no one would ever consider paying.

No one would ever buy Alba at 90 mil. Rarely do clubs pay buyout price for players, with Martinez an exception.

raskolnikov

They should have put Messi at 1 billion in the new contract, why even leave the slightest of possibilities? Its extremely unlikely but why not include a higher transferfee?
I expect Leo with us till at least 2020 though, no se preocupe;)

CatalinR10

During a meeting on 1 September, Madrid president Perez told Ronaldo he could leave if the transfer fee would be enough to sign Messi. [as]

PearLBLacK

Banned
Uhh, don't buyout clauses come into play only when one side is trying to force a move before the contract is over? Like if Player A had a contract until 2015 with a buyout clause of 50m, he would have to pay his club 50m to cancel the contract and leave before 2015 if he club refuses to endorse a move. Or if the club wants to get rid of him, they gotta pay him 50m to cancel his contract. Correct?

So why does it matter what Messi's buyout clause is? I mean, when it comes to him it's basically only a formality and to keep annoying inquiries from other clubs away. Don't think he'll ever be in a situation where he wants to leave and Barca won't allow him to, so that Barca has to make sure they put a massive buyout clause on him to discourage it.

Stric

Well, the way I have it figured is that, for example, if another club offers the exact amount of the buyout clause and the player agrees to leave, the current club has to let him go. That's why I think...

They should have put Messi at 1 billion in the new contract, why even leave the slightest of possibilities?

This is what I'm saying.

Stric

I already said somewhere above that I doubt it would ever happen with Messi in particular, but in general, we should probably set higher buyout clauses just to make sure.

Doobs

The Messiah
The reason the buy out clause is not astronomical is because we trust Leo to not leave.

Unlike other star players at big clubs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans