10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

bx11of

Messi snowman :messi:

Yannick03

This is just mind boggling. Ronaldo is always hailed as an absolute goal machine, a perfect footballing specimen. Yet, Messi has roughly the same amount of goals with roughly 140 games LESS. That is absolutely incredible, if Messi had the same number of matches and he maintained his average goal per game (which is very unlikely considering the past few years), he would have 402 goals, 100 goals more and that's not even adding his assists.

But the most impressive thing for me is, he doesn't need an athletic body from which many athletes would be jealous of. No, he just plays with his brain, simple football performed at the highest speed and genius at a consistent rate from which we have never seen the likes before. For me, he already has transcended his sport, I believe he is up there with Michael Jordan, Muhammed Ali and Eddy Merckx (cycling fans around here ?).

He's like nothing I ever seen before and I am certain I will never see such genius in any sport yet again, I'll be happy at the end of my life to have lived in the era of Messi when live streaming on the internet was free for everyone and I could watch his and Barcelona's genius every week for over a decade.

Papabeef

Foreman was a better athlete than Ali

Nadal is a better athlete than Federer

I cant understand this concept.... at that Cristiano has around 100 professional players who are athletically more complete, certainly it depends on what bases we are pointing, but why are poeple all of the sudden obsessing with the athlete part of this sport to have a verdict on who a better player is when all top players ever were either short, thin or squishy lol Di Stefano, Garrincha, Pele, Zico, Cruyff, Maradona, Baggio, Zidane, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi...R9 is like the hulk compared to most of this list..

Yes athleticism is important but its not the driving factor otherwise Bolt would have room on SAF's bench atleast... This is Football ! Messi is probably (With the Ball) one of the fastest players ever if not the fastest, you want athleticism there it is.

MMKa

Very unlikely, he currently has with Argentina and friendly games for Barca around 350 I guess. Imagine he'll end up after this season with 380. In order to reach a 1000 he has to score 62 goals on average the coming 10 years, he is not going to score 60 goals when he is 33. But I think he will end up with most OFFICIAL goals ever scored. He now is on around 320 and I think Pele has the most with around 720. Which means 5 years of averaging 80. Even if he doesn't score at that rate, he'll have a few more years to reach it.

Not counting U-18 Barca Juvenil matches and club friendlies, different charity matches, Messi has 350 goals in 490 Barca, Barca B, Barca C, Argentina A official adult level matches plus Argentina U23, U20 games. In official top tier matches (Barca & Argentina A) Messi has 323 in 435.

Transfermarkt.de, missing couple of games, has these stats:
Messi 319 goals, 155 assists, 421 games.
Cronaldo 319 goals, 131 assists, 535 games.

Last edited:
This is just mind boggling. Ronaldo is always hailed as an absolute goal machine, a perfect footballing specimen. Yet, Messi has roughly the same amount of goals with roughly 140 games LESS. That is absolutely incredible, if Messi had the same number of matches and he maintained his average goal per game (which is very unlikely considering the past few years), he would have 402 goals, 100 goals more and that's not even adding his assists.

But the most impressive thing for me is, he doesn't need an athletic body from which many athletes would be jealous of. No, he just plays with his brain, simple football performed at the highest speed and genius at a consistent rate from which we have never seen the likes before. For me, he already has transcended his sport, I believe he is up there with Michael Jordan, Muhammed Ali and Eddy Merckx (cycling fans around here ?).

He's like nothing I ever seen before and I am certain I will never see such genius in any sport yet again, I'll be happy at the end of my life to have lived in the era of Messi when live streaming on the internet was free for everyone and I could watch his and Barcelona's genius every week for over a decade.

He's not in his prime yet AND has way more assists than Ronaldo, a winger... as a striker (I know he's a false 9, but still, a better goal/game ratio AND a much better assist record is pretty damn impressive). :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

alex88bg

When a team starts struggling i just want him at the cesc role....Cest out of the game and Villa pedro up front....He just dominates that position when he goes try hard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans