10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitkoa7x

He's not in his prime yet AND has way more assists than Ronaldo, a winger... as a striker (I know he's a false 9, but still, a better goal/game ratio AND a much better assist record is pretty damn impressive). :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

He has more assists than RM's midfield combined I'd wager, also has 5-6(7-8?) times more goals than them as well.

Also I dont think he's less of an athlete than Cr altho not as ripped but that is purely cosmetic.

Papabeef

Not really, look how much injury prone he is. Djokovic is probably a better athlete than Federer right now.

Not to argue but just to show that everyone has his own version of "athletic", For me Nadal can lift heavier weight and do 100 meters in less time than Federer that being athletic, not injury prone being a huge part, its like comparing Pato with Iniesta :p But in a sense you are also right.

I'm just wondering why this is a driving factor in player comparisons, ts not modern triathlon or worlds strongest man event.

K

Karnivore

x3c0vo.jpg

Best i've ever seen by a country mile. He tore us to bits back in 2006 as a lanky 18 year old, little bit of play acting when Del Horno got sent off, but it was a deserved red regardless. Nearly scored a beauty against the best goalkeeper in the world at the time. Gone from strength to strength since.

Ronaldinho, van Basten and Henry the next best i've seen, Messi shits over all three of them from a tremendous height. Seriously good footballer. If he had the same willingness to run into space like Ronaldo does he'd be even more lethal. Then again, he can either be involved all game and tear teams apart (Real 5-0, Man Utd 3-1) - or he can drift in and out of games and still do maximum damage, like the great Jimmy Greaves.

89Norcal

Forgot to post Ray Hudson's best quote from the Sociedad match on Messi.

On Messi's playstyle, translation provided:

In Geordie: "It's like Quan-uhm Mecahniks boot he decohraytes it with rohse peh-ehls!"

In Normal people's English: "It's like Quantum Mechanics but he decorates it with rose petals!"

exneo

You guys do know Hudson is on everyone's "dong". He is on Cristiano's dong, on Di Maria's dong, on Mesut Ozil's dong, Xavi's dong, Iniesta's dong, etc. That's just his thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans