10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noldorin

It's hard to accuse Messi of having a mediocre game. This one was too hard to judge, since he was so damn isolated. The front three played tonight just doesn't quite work against a high-pressing team I think. Messi was too tempted to fall too deep and this hurt his play a little. Cesc would make more sense as a false 9, with Messi and Pedro/Villa on the wings. I'd love to see this happen, though I suspect it will never!

Oh yeah, and Messi was rather lucky not to be hacker to pieces by the untamed creatures that are Xabi Alonso and Arbeloa. Varane put in a couple of bad challenges on Messi too.

J

jiopi

Messi%20assist%20Fabregas%20Real%20Madrid.gif

So that's 11th assist in El Clasico.

raskolnikov

Yeah basically Barca need a strategy to get him out of isolation.
Earlier in the season he would move to the right, I expected him to do it now as well.

Kerrybai

Very unfair to blame Messi. Madrid played very well. They crowded out Messi, stuck tight to Pedro and disrupted out rythm in midfield. Also can we stop with this Messi only waking crap. Why do you blame him for this? It's probably the coaches orders.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It was a great job from Ramos, Khedira in shutting Messi down. Disappointing but reminder that Messi is human too.
I am sure he'll be even more motivated after tonight.

J

jiopi

It was a great job from Ramos, Khedira in shutting Messi down. Disappointing but reminder that Messi is human too.
Yeah, Ramos was a badass today.

ricknattery

I wouldnt call it a great job if it involves reckless tackles and disrespecting him by touching his face

barca7788

Nepali Cule
tbh its been few matches now that he had played well below his standards. he is playing way down the pitch for my liking. the middle of the pitch was so conjusted, iniesta, messi, xavi, cesc, sergo all at one place. no flank plays at all to stretch their defenders.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
tbh its been few matches now that he had played well below his standards. he is playing way down the pitch for my liking. the middle of the pitch was so conjusted, iniesta, messi, xavi, cesc, sergo all at one place. no flank plays at all to stretch their defenders.

Pedro operates on the flank quite a bit and if not him, then Alves/Alba do on their respective flanks. Iniesta spends a lot of the time in the left area combining with Alba or drifting inwards combining with Cesc. Messi only shares some space with Cesc and/or Xavi because Busquets always stays sort of retreated to provide cover and a safe passing option. It's not Messi's tendency to play deep that hurts him, it's his lack of motivation at some times.

Pepe Silvia

read some comments in here that he played poorly. can't understand that.

he created the key away goal, was relentless with his tiki-taka, made the rm defenders work like war horses, and didn't slow anything down in our play. he wasn't 'great' by his standards, but he had alonso, khedira and generally about 4 defenders trailing him at all times. it's not easy, even for him (although when playing 'regular' teams he makes it appear that way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans