10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the same a Montoya saying hes sorry for Alba but he'll do his best against PSG.

True. Alba was expected to be out for 3 weeks at first. Scans revealed that it was a lot less. I can see the same happening with Messi.

Like I said though, if he's not back for the return leg, I hope Tito has a good backup plan.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Now the world knows how to beat us break messi down and thats it. Its really sad that a club like barcelona rely on a player and without him look like a ordinary club. Something has to change because I see black for the future.

We had a lot of chances to finish the game without Messi, Messi is our star player of course we aren't going to be as good without him, same with Real Madrid and Ronaldo, but we still played well enough to win the match without him and you are being very pessimistic.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Really bummed about the injury but I don't think that it's for longer than a week or two. Leo heals quickly and has a very good physical regimen. The next leg will be difficult as hell with all these injuries though. However we need to start relying on youth more. Without Messi as a goalscorer, I don't want to see Pedro or Alexis on the field at all. Hell I'd seriously prefer Deulofeu over them at this point since we need a goalscorer

BarcaGirl

Really bummed about the injury but I don't think that it's for longer than a week or two. Leo heals quickly and has a very good physical regimen. The next leg will be difficult as hell with all these injuries though. However we need to start relying on youth more. Without Messi as a goalscorer, I don't want to see Pedro or Alexis on the field at all. Hell I'd seriously prefer Deulofeu over them at this point since we need a goalscorer

Deulofeu-Rafinha-Tello

Bring it on!

Stric

Losing Messi is a huge drawback, but even without him, we still have an amazing team. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Villa should be more than enough to face any opponent.

PaulFCB

Banned
We aren't used to see games like this without him, last time he didn't play in an important game was with Inter when we were fearing our CL Last-16 spot and won 2-0, so Barca no Messi >>>> Messi cause with him we only won 1-0 and didn't qualify

/jk ( of course, I'm actually reddish mad ).

I'm afraid for our defense, Valdes can be good and one mistake is enough to tragically affect us, like with Liverpool in 2007, when we had a team 2 leagues over them english team but couldn't manage to qualify because Valdes has oil on his gloves sometimes.

Losing Messi is a huge drawback, but even without him, we still have an amazing team. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Villa should be more than enough to face any opponent.

And we did draw against PSG away with Messi out for half the game.

Still hoping he pulls an Alba and returns for the next leg, though I can see us going through if Tito has a good backup plan.

Stric

We might even squeeze through to the semis without Messi, but I don't see how we'll go from there with Adriano, Puyol, Mascherano (and Abidal?) unavailable.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Xavi, Iniesta, and Villa are great and truly amazing players, but they don't really have what it takes to make up for this fragile of a defense. Messi has been covering all of that up and more for most of the season now and now with his temporary absence, there is a LOT of changes to be made in the system. There is no way that they can be lax and not care about the other goalscoring options in the front line and there's no way that they can rely on messi to make up for conceding 2-3 goals.

PaulFCB

Banned
I'm supposed to write my dissertation in the next 2 months, now I have to wait 8 days of tobacco and patience to be capable.......

/heartbeats lvl -> accelerated.

Garrus

Reports say 3 weeks, but I doubt it's that long. Somewhere in between makes sense, like a week and a half or two.
The reports based this just from the sight of him checking his thighs, Like i said it could have been just a discomfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans