10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

A77ynvICIAApHs6.jpg:large

enhanced-buzz-28891-1301694343-2.jpg

raskolnikov

And fewer against (see Coentrao hand ball last game, for instance)
There was a stat of this recently, something like 30-5 madrid vs 18-11 barca since mourinho joined them?

Also how epic would be if messi broke that record and have gerd muller hand him the ballon d'or if he wins it.

MMKa

Around this time last season Messi scored his 200th goal for Barcelona. It's incredible to think he will go well over 300 by the end of the season.

1 Nov 2011 first against Plzen was 200th. After that, 75 goals. Let's say, in Jan or Feb its 300.

E

El Messiah 10

Get a see there:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classifica_dei_marcatori_della_Primera_División_(Spagna)

The impressive given is that Messi has a 0,82 goal average.
The other bomber that have a similar or superior goal-average are all players (except C.Ronaldo) that plays during: 1930-1966. When footbal was so different and scores goals was much easier than today.

If you sort the rankings for gol-average you'll notice that only 3 bomber of the first 14 are "actual": C.Ronaldo, Messi and Ronaldo. 3 of the best players in history.

And, in my opinion, at today Messi is better than C.Ronaldo and equals Ronaldo.

J

jtmx12

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/10068-7-David-Villa/page12

I posted those images here first, but edited my post because I thought Villa's thread was the best to show his work that not everyone can see.

I also gave those six images to a friend, and asked him. Who you think get's the ball and gave him a tip: it's not Villa always. His answer was, 4 Villa, 2 Messi. I told him Villa got the ball 0 times, and he was like "weird, he's always in the right position". Then he was like, wait are those screenshots from different matches? - clearly, he was trying to look for an explanation, but I told him: sadly, no.

You can do the same test with another friend if you want, and you will probably end up getting the same result. This is pretty much the reason why there's Messi dependency, not because Villa is bad and can't score, it's because Barca plays for Messi. Villa was pretty much ignored every single time because Messi was a few meters next to him, that's why Villa, Pedro & Tello ended up the match with 0 shots. While with Spain, Pedro & Villa scored 3 goals last game.

Last edited:

MMKa

I think Villa is doing great job pulling defenders out of the way. That's the reason MVP is so dangerous, more space and time to shoot. I hope this will continue. Great for the team.

Some day they'll notice it and follow Messi - time to pass to Villa or Pedro.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

It´s obvious that players look for Messi: he´s the best at scoring. He´s more efficient.

J

jtmx12

It´s obvious that players look for Messi: he´s the best at scoring. He´s more efficient.

Since we were playing a match from La Liga BBVA, Here's the stats:

Villa in La Liga 5 goals, 8 shoots (63,5%)
Messi in La Liga: 17 goals, 63 shoots (26,9%)

Technically, Villa is twice as efficient as Messi this season, and in those 6 images he was in a good position to score in all of them. There's no reason not to pass him the ball, at least that's what I think.

Last edited:

Papabeef

Well lets say a player shoots one shot on goal and scores, he would be 100% ? in other words, using stats such as goal per shot ratios we need to have a pretty big sum (full season..Etc) in order to see a bit more, and still it wont tell the whole story, Maybe "player X" had more shots from outside the box and in difficult situations or "player Y" was poaching and more in CF'like position where he would only need to tap many goals in etc...

Having said this i do feel that a couple of those passes would have made more sense (For the eyes) to go to Villa as he had a better (seemingly) position. But this sort of thing is very normal for all players, each match, try to count the times this happens to other attacking players, same thing, at the end of the day Villa did open up gaps in defenses with his runs in many of those and that in a sense is an assist to the goal production, so its all good :)

Paganinisrvnge

Villa deserves more chances to score but let's not get carried away. Even if Villa were the star forward, I doubt he could consistently score 50 goals a season like Messi does. Messi gets more chances because he is arguably the greatest player to ever play. Having said that, I still want to see Villa get some more opportunities to score as that will be needed in the Champions League when Messi gets marked by 4 or 5 players at a time.

raedkuwait

when chicago bulls had the great michal jordan on there team
and won 6 or 7 titles , who would they alwasy depend on that clutch shot
to win the game in the final seconds?! and jordan the great player he was
when he was double or triple teamed he will kick the ball to the open man.
So stop with all that talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans