10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie10

lol
on messi : he started the two last games because he felt ok, then didn't feel ok for this one, so Tito decided to play him only in the second half if and only if Barca was in favorable position, which he was not. I don't think Tito gave up on the game at all before he started. His horrible mistake was playing Cesc as false 9.

I mean, wtf. Not even in my worst nightmares had I imagined he'd do that for the return leg

I think that after he lost his hope on the game, he decided to play like Spain, i.e. just put midfielders on the pitch to hold on the ball. It makes sense if you consider we didnt have any chance advancing.

sabby

I take it he won't be playing against Betis either, then. I hope he's fit for the Atletico game, although this does seem to be a serious issue. He's been out of normal form for weeks. I'm having doubts about whether he'll even be fully back to his usual self before the season ends.

Don't worry. Atletico is Messi's favorite meal :lol:

Alissa

I'm glad he didn't play last night, in fact they should not play him for the rest of the season, he has saved them way too often, it's time they take matters into their own hands. FHS they just have to hold on to the league, Messi already won it for them, and if they can't do even that, then they deserve nothing this year.

Messi's health is more important right now, he has to play a world cup next year, let him rest for a while, he deserves it.

Kerrybai

I've heard that if the players dont pass the ball to Messi, they get shouted by Messi himself on the pitch. Even more Messi fights them after the game in the dressing room or traps and beats them up in the carpark in front of their wives.

:rofl1:

Kerrybai

There were some pretty very tweets going around relating to Barca without Messi.

'Barca without Messi is like United without Howard Webb.' :worthy:

oz187

They took a risk in the first leg, but then that shows that they had respect for how good Bayern were and that they needed to have their best team on the field. They should've just compromised completely and play for a 0-0. Bench Messi and play double pivot, like Spain. Then go all out for the return leg. He played against Bilbao, but that was only for half an hour or so, maybe he can handle that. Playing a full 90 minutes against Bayern maybe is too much and considering they were 4-0 down it makes sense to bench him. That way if they did somehow get it to 2-0, they could then risk Messi as a supersub against tired defenders. Of course they conceded so then it's no point risking him.

alex88bg

People are constantly saying this is happening because we built team around Messi...Do you think Bulls didnt build around Michael Jordan ? but i agree it is Leo*s fault ,he was so good he overshadowed the decline of 4 or 5 players...Bad Leo u should suck and not dribble 4 players without being fit against Bilbao and let us lose...pff

ryaninho

People are constantly saying this is happening because we built team around Messi...Do you think Bulls didnt build around Michael Jordan ? but i agree it is Leo*s fault ,he was so good he overshadowed the decline of 4 or 5 players...Bad Leo u should suck and not dribble 4 players without being fit against Bilbao and let us lose...pff

What happened he covered the cracks so people just ignored it. I was not surprised about the bayern matches the writing was on the wall. Look at the away leg at Ac and PSG and our performances against RM this season. We are at the top of la liga, not because we beat RM, but because the lost to crap teams

alex88bg

People dont realise we couldnt draw vs crappy bilbao until half fit messi came and pulled us through.This team is built around messi for 5 years now,but the difference is that while he is getting better others are getting worse and unmotivated.That is coaching staff fault (see Tito) and other players fault.Messi loses motivation for half a month after doing this what he does until he was 16 years old and people start bashing on him,and he has been doing x 4 as much as others.Well played coaches and other players , i feel sad for Leo i cant imagine how he feels.

BarcaGirl

People dont realise we couldnt draw vs crappy bilbao until half fit messi came and pulled us through.This team is built around messi for 5 years now,but the difference is that while he is getting better others are getting worse and unmotivated.That is coaching staff fault (see Tito) and other players fault.Messi loses motivation for half a month after doing this what he does until he was 16 years old and people start bashing on him,and he has been doing x 4 as much as others.Well played coaches and other players , i feel sad for Leo i cant imagine how he feels.

All of this!!!!!

Pepe Silvia

Plays Messi against Bilbao then rests him against Bayern in leg 2. Tito couldn't have rested Messi against Bibao? What kind of crack house is Tito running there???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans