10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Journalist only make up 1/3, winning that best player in Europe award might be tough, I can actually see that going that schweinsteiger for example.
A lot of players consider Messi #1 so will vote for him, I think its more debatable if Ronaldo ends up number 2 or iniesta or a bayern player will be number 2.
Also look for Neymar to be 4 or 5 based on confed. Hype like falcao had last year after the chelsea game.

J

jiopi

However, the negative press and overall hype surrounding Bayern and Dortmund might change perception, especially of the journalists.
I don't think so. It's not Ballon d'Or of reputation, it's Ballon d'Or of performance.

J

jiopi

Lionel Messi has every day been training - running and working out in the gym - for two hours during his summer holidays. #fcblive [sport]

This guy. Only growing stronger. Anyone else getting goosebumps?
Messi starting to hit his prime. :party1:

loozy

I don't think so. It's not Ballon d'Or of reputation, it's Ballon d'Or of performance.

It also works on perception, imo, and I am counting the journalists more than players/coaches. We shall see, but I really really really don't want a German/Bayern player to win the thing. I might emigrate.

J

jiopi

It also works on perception, imo, and I am counting the journalists more than players/coaches. We shall see, but I really really really don't want a German/Bayern player to win the thing. I might emigrate.
People don't really change their perception in football, if someone has problems with taxes or something else unrelated. People who concentrate in these are already against Messi, so I don't think it really matters, nor changes anything. People forget that every Ballon d'Or Messi has won, was because he was clearly the best player individually, not because he's a nice man. And the performance difference hasn't changed.

raskolnikov

In the old format Messi would not win though, it would go to a Bayern player.
I wonder if that style with only journalists was better, there were a lot of questionable wins back then as well.
Owen 2001, Sheva 2003, Nedved 2004, cannavaro 2006.
It was always the player who won shit rather than the actually best player individually that year, figo,Henry,Deco, Henry/Zidane/Dinho.

ebc_99

Messi will win it, Bayern were a better team but none of their players come close to Messi's individual performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans