10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meitux

Well Cannavaro was the second best player in World Cup, and won it by only conceding 2 goals the whole tournament. And won Serie-A (at the time) conceding clearly the least goals, where as Zidane didn't do really much in Galacticos.
Its pretty clear that it was from the world cup.Juventus got removed the title,so if it wasnt about the world cup you couldnt even think about him..And its the fact that it was all about the world cup and Italy that won it cause Buffon was second and Henry left third

J

jiopi

Its pretty clear that it was from the world cup.Juventus got removed the title,so if it wasnt about the world cup you couldnt even think about him..And its the fact that it was all about the world cup and Italy that won it cause Buffon was second and Henry left third
Yeah it was mostly about the World Cup, but individual performances in Serie-A surely also mattered, it's not like he didn't do anything in there to just win the Scudetto. And Zidane played rather poorly in Galacticos.

Mitchell1978

There is a best player of tournament award at the World Cup so its not necessary that the Balon d'Or goes to the best player on the winning team at the WC though it will always play a part in that decision.

Meitux

It played a vital role,cause besides Cannavaro's winning it Buffon came second.Imagine that if France won it,there could have been many possibilities of Henry winning it cause he also had a great season with Arsenal individually

I

instinct

Cocky pricks and im from germany :lol: everyone hates them so freaking much in germany we although consider bayern not to be german.

Hm, I don't hate Bayern. I hate their fans. After 2 seasons without a title, they became so arrogant this season. Hate that.

But Ribery deserves it, though he is a Bavarian.

Ghost

Hm, I don't hate Bayern. I hate their fans. After 2 seasons without a title, they became so arrogant this season. Hate that.

Not half as arrogant as EPL fans..

Seriously, I don't get the hate. As far as I'm aware, didn't Bayern help a lot of teams avoid bunkruptcy throughout the years?

Yes, they humiliated us this year and that pissed me off, big time. But, they're a great team no doubt about it. Thier fans have the right to brag a little.

loozy

Cocky pricks and im from germany :lol: everyone hates them so freaking much in germany we although consider bayern not to be german.

Depends on who you ask. I am not a big fan of Bayern but I don't hate them; hate is a word I really dislike to use as it implies an emotion that has nothing to do with football as it is too negative. Nearly all my footie-friends are Bayern-fans and they are passionate about it - but also arrogant which drives me up the wall. The Dortmund-fans are worse, however. They think they and their club are the cream of the crop and the best thing to happen since sliced bread and Barca - thank God they realized that they are nowhere near as important as they thought. Getting off tangent, now.

The hate that Bayern and their fans are currently facing is due to the media showing every little fart that Pep or any of the Bayern-players do during their training camp - it is ridiculous and quite unfair to the other clubs, like Leverkusen or Schalke (the former more than the latter). The media wankfest in Germany is unbearable at the moment - Bayern can do no wrong, Pep is God and if any other team bar Dortmund dares to defy them, they might just be killed.

loozy

Not half as arrogant as EPL fans..

Seriously, I don't get the hate. As far as I'm aware, didn't Bayern help a lot of teams avoid bunkruptcy throughout the years?

Yes, they humiliated us this year and that pissed me off, big time. But, they're a great team no doubt about it. Thier fans have the right to brag a little.

As for arrogance: Barca-fans are arrogant, Real-fans are arrogant, as are United, PSG, Turin etc... All clubs have arrogant fans, Bayern are not the only ones.

So what if Bayern helped clubs? They also weakened their strong opponents by buying their players.

Mr Hulot

Some of the media are skeptical towards Guardiola and a possible Thiago transfer. I don't read as much German media as you, but I think it is an overreaction to tell that Pep is perceived as a God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans