10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzaR

The German press in general is uber pro-Ribery as I've noticed, but Kicker is usually very very objective when it comes to the assessment of individual performance... So perhaps there is a chance? Plus as far as I remember they've always voted for Messi, but I'm not sure. Maybe not. All in all still looking good for Messi though, I can't imagine Ronaldo winning it.

Voted for Iniesta last year, would be great if they did vote for Messi, individually he is the most deserving. And I agree with Ronaldo, I think alot of people who voted for Iniesta last year will vote in favour of Messi, last season Ronaldo had a lot of votes due to split voting of Iniesta and Messi and then there was the fact Madrid won la liga

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Ah, my bad. Probably confused it with the Ballon D'or. Anyways, regarding Ribery, I suppose the UEFA award is his biggest chance of winning an individual trophy (or more likely, being runner-up), because of the shortlist/live voting system. For the Ballon D'Or, the non-Messi/Ronaldo votes will probably be split among several Bayern players, while with the live voting, those would all go to Ribery. Still doubt he will win it though, as I don't see him getting too many votes from other countries than Germany or France (as you said).

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If Bayern were clever they would pick one player and make him their candidate ahead of the others, and start a media campaign.

cro-man

Doesnt matter who they choose because they dont have the one player. They have good players but thats it. If ribery wins its only because people are bored to choose only messi haha.

ShandyFFM

Ribery will win this one so no one will feel bad if Messi get an other Ballon d'or. And thats how most media guys will see it like they did with Iniesta!

neo_wolf

I think Ribery talking so much about how he thinks he should win it will hurt him in the voting.
In the Ballon D'or Messi will dominate the votes.

kollegah

do you think messi will start today?
imo there are 2 possibilities.

1.leo could have played against malaga but tata wanted to keep him for today
2.couldnt play against malaga, will only play about 20-30 mins. today

oz187

Messi shouldn't play if he isn't fully fit. The game on Sunday against Valencia is more important so they should do what is best to get Messi ready for that game.

anonake

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/lionel-messi-insults-and-bullys-teammates-at-barcelona-el-confidencial/#.Uh4IBFRupmg.twitter
00745c1c5ef8bc17e4ace94d5deef26f.png

Getting a bit of abuse about it https://twitter.com/Paul_Morrissey

CesDel

Another attempt at destroying Messi's image. As an argentine, Messi doest use some of the words that he allegedly "said". Plus the same spanish media said that the only reason why Alexis played ahead of Villa last season was because of Alexis good relationship with Messi.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Messi has a habit of shouting if you shoot instead of passing to him. From memory he did it to Villa, Pedro and Tello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans