10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

messid10s

Paul Morrissey @Paul_Morrissey
Messi to Alexis: 'Seeing how bad you are, I don't know how u cost so much. You don't score enough, so pass me the ball.' [El Confidencial]
12:22 PM - 28 Aug 2013

Damn I wish that quote was real so much truth in that statement.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Didn't find the link to "El confidencial" :cool:

I suppose it's the part of fighting for "UEFA best player" award :2guns:

The timing of this says everything. Expecting breaking news before the voting for Ballon D'Or happens, Messi had reportedly been cursing everyone on our team, together with Rosell, Zubi, Mou, whatever.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
:( He's off his game right now, hopefully he picks himself up in the coming weeks and then builds a deadly duo with Neymar.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:( He's off his game right now, hopefully he picks himself up in the coming weeks and then builds a deadly duo with Neymar.

It is not his night. He is still bit off form, plus he was being sandwiched, closed in on and hit on too often by 2 or 3 players every time he touched the ball.

He does need to prove that he can do better in big, important and crucial games.

I am liking the fact that he was mad. Unleash your hunger and power, Leo!

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Honestly didn't play too bad, was unlucky with the PK and otherwise was defended very well. Constantly swarmed by Atletico defenders whenever he got the ball, he did well to keep at it and play football, playing some nice passes and dribbles once he got acclimated to the insane pressure.

BarcaGirl

He was okay in the 1st half, bad in the 2nd. No running/pressing at all, he was just walking around and waiting for someone to pass the ball to him. I don't like it one bit.

Vapor

Everyone must realize that Messi is still, for all intents and purposes, injured. It's exactly like how it was last season against Bayern. He is so close coming off an injury that he isn't even playing like himself at all. Nothing to worry about it, if he can keep from being injured I expect he'll be close to 100% in a few weeks at least.

To me, the injury explains the very poor form, the lack of pressing, the missed penalty... he's just not feeling like 100% Messi, what can you expect? And even though he was way off I still felt he did alright.

Jadentheman

He and Neymar hardly exchanged a pass, WTF is this?

It's to be expected. These two aren't 100% and this was the first time the duo started a game together. It will take a few games for the understanding to build. I'll give it a pass this time and for the next few times. I'm sure DonAndres will agreed with me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans