10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Maybe, I really hate that tactic, worst is people balming us saying we keep passing the bal around so teams are forced to defend with everyone in the box.
I wish we had a countertactic for it that worked so they would be forced to abandon that tactic.

I don't know why, we seem to be unable to play counter, we are just too slow.

Speaking of balls lost, I read it somewhere saying Messi was responsible for 29 of the 88 balls we lost yesterday, he clearly was not in form. Someone, I think it was either jiopi or Kerry has posted previously that Messi's balls lost average per game has actually been going down over the years. Yesterday was not a good indication of that.

kollegah

if leo scores an own goal, jiopi would try to tell you he fired up the motivation of the team with an own goal, so actually it was a positive contribution

Leo10

NEWSFLASH: Messi loses more balls than others because he actually trys to be CREATIVE - Dribble or make decisive passes.

BE CREATIVE - Something that the Xavi-Iniesta duo and our other forwards don't do enough these days. Someone has to do it. Thank God we have Messi.

:tata1:

DinhoR10

Maybe, I really hate that tactic, worst is people balming us saying we keep passing the bal around so teams are forced to defend with everyone in the box.
I wish we had a countertactic for it that worked so they would be forced to abandon that tactic.

We saw a glimmer of it against Rayo, give up possession. Our current tactics aren't necessarily bad but to do the suffocating football properly we cant have defensive mistakes like what happened against AC. Also with this tactic its basically a must to always score first, make the other team have to come out if they want to get anything from the game.

Kerrybai

I don't know why, we seem to be unable to play counter, we are just too slow.

Speaking of balls lost, I read it somewhere saying Messi was responsible for 29 of the 88 balls we lost yesterday, he clearly was not in form. Someone, I think it was either jiopi or Kerry has posted previously that Messi's balls lost average per game has actually been going down over the years. Yesterday was not a good indication of that.

It was Jiopi I believe. Messi has always lost the ball a lot, and it hasn't increased this season. It's perfectly normal for the main attacker to lose a lot of possession, Luis Suarez for instance loses the ball more than the rest of his Liverpool team-mates.

Jadentheman

Usually players like Messi that dribble and like to attack have a higher fail rate of ball retention just because they get the ball a lot and purposely dribble into traffic.

Vapor

NEWSFLASH: Messi loses more balls than others because he actually trys to be CREATIVE - Dribble or make decisive passes.

BE CREATIVE - Something that the Xavi-Iniesta duo and our other forwards don't do enough these days. Someone has to do it. Thank God we have Messi.

:tata1:
Amen.

J

jiopi

Extraordinary planes of Messi where the extraordinary becomes ordinary and even bad.

League - Dribbles/Game - Dispossession/Game - Turnover/Game - Dribbles/Turnover

09-10 4.14 - 2.54 - 2.97 - 1.39
10-11 5.65 - 2.88 - 1.76 - 3.21
11-12 4.76 - 2.59 - 1.65 - 2.89
12-13 3.81 - 2.56 - 1.28 - 2.98
13-14 4.57 - 1.71 - 0.29 - 16.0

Are you ready for prime Messi?

oggmar

Extraordinary planes of Messi where the extraordinary becomes ordinary and even bad.

That is just unbelievable wow.

DinhoR10

Holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans