10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi on CR's hat trick: "I was very happy for him when he scored those goals. It's just great when the best teams compete in Brazil, and Cristiano has had a great scoring rate for many years now. He plays at an outstanding level. I don't know if this is Cristiano's best moment, but he is always there, scoring goals in all the games and playing his part for his club and his country. He has been like that for many years. Whether he is at his best, or a bit below that, there is almost no difference."

Messi. So much class. Messi. :worthy:

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I hope Messi wins it and think he deserves it but a lot of people seem to be suffering from long term memory loss.

Ronaldo's performance in the play-offs seems to have shifted some perspectives but they shouldn't forget it was Russia who finished top of that group, If Portugal had defeated Israel then nobody would be talking about these performances. Messi on the other hand guided Argentina to the top of their respective table.

Messi was the top man in La Liga as well and picked up his well deserved Golden Boot recently.

Ronaldo has simply been the king of the runner-ups this year; runner-up in La Liga (to Barca), runner-up in Copa Del Rey (to Atletico), semi finalist in the Champions League (to Dortmund), runner up in his qualifying group (to Russia), runner up for the Golden Boot (to Messi) and he should be runner up to Messi in the Balon D'or.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Watching a few folks arguing about whether Messi is a complete player and the point that was brought up by one was that Messi can't play with his right foot at all.

Just wondering, does anyone have any stats on Messi's right foot? How many goals? Is it really that bad?

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Watching a few folks arguing about whether Messi is a complete player and the point that was brought up by one was that Messi can't play with his right foot at all.

Just wondering, does anyone have any stats on Messi's right foot? How many goals? Is it really that bad?

He probably scores about 6 times as many with his left as his right (random figure i picked out of thin air) but who needs a right foot when your left is the most devastating weapon in football.

fendiking

you will find that the majority of his most wonderful goals were finished with his right foot

getafe goal
real madrid CL second goal

for example

pEllee

He's scored 44 goals with his right foot (transfermarkt, so it could be wrong).

EDIT: He's scored 18 goals in which there's "no information available". Some of those could've been scored with his weaker foot.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
My intention is to stay with Barcelona forever. I'm grateful for the interest people show. It's an honour that they say these things, but my life is at Barça - Messi, 11/21/2013

What a guy. :worthy:

http://www.marca.com/2013/11/21/en/football/barcelona/1385019894.html

Leo Messi gave an interview to MARCA and ESM (European Sport Media) after receiving the Golden Boot in Barcelona.

"Blank cheques? My intention is to stay with Barcelona forever. I'm grateful for the interest people show. It's an honour that they say these things, but my life is at Barça", the Argentine star said when asked about his future.

Ronaldo

"I don't' know if Cristiano Ronaldo is at his peak but he's always there scoring goals in every game and contributing to his team and his national side. He's been doing that for many years and it doesn't make much difference whether he's on top form or a bit below.

Champions League and World Cup

"Real Madrid and Bayern are the toughest opponents, although there are also other top-class teams. With regard to the World Cup, I think Brazil, Germany and Spain are all favourites".

World Champion

"Winning the World Cup would be a dream for me, for my teammates and for an entire country that hasn't won it in a long time".

Özil

"If I had to choose a German player, it would be Özil, not because I want him to play for Barcelona but because he's extremely talented".

Tito Vilanova

"Tito is always in our thoughts and we keep up-to-date with how his treatment is going. He doesn't want to be in the spotlight, he likes to watch from a distance".

Last edited:

barca1899

BZn-qFLCMAA_aPn.jpg:large

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, Leo's brother is being childish, strange to witness really...I suppose family might feel the club is not defending him and his image enough in the media in the face of all the CR media blitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans