10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I don't think too many people outside of the internet take this seriously (except for Madrid and Bayern press), so I don't expect any "harm" for Messi there. People have talked about corruption since 2010, and haters gonna hate, even if Messi had deserved it. Plus, it's not as if the BD IS to be taken serious anymore - the deadline extension and how they dealt with transparency basically proved how flawed this award is anyway.
I still want Messi to get it, if only because I couldn't stand CR winning it and being full of himself.

Votes according to that account:
Castillo (Salvador): 1. Ribery 2. Ronaldo 3. Messi
Pekerman (Colombia): 1. Messi 2. Ribery 3. Ronaldo
Giress (Senegal): 1. Messi 2. Ribery 3. Iniesta

They are right about the Senegal one.

Last edited:

Stric

To some extent, I agree that Messi doesn't deserve it this year (at least not as much as he did the previous years), but then again, if he doesn't, neither do Cristiano or Ribery. Cristiano has won nothing, and Ribery hasn't been nearly as good as either of the two on an individual level.

You spoke the truth again, Don. Even though I would be soooo happy if Messi ends up winning it, and despite all the tell-tale signs indicating CR7 will win it, there is still that glimmer of hope deep down in my heart hoping for a miracle. But, you are right Don, Messi winning it this year might make people discredit the award altogether which will undermine the importance of him winning the last four. And I don't want that to happen.

Nicely put. Couldn't find the words to say that myself. :)

CatalinR10

There's no way Messi is the deserving winner for this year. This trophy will do him more harm than good.

And who is the deserving winner ? Ronaldo who up untill October had no chances at the award ? Or Ribery , who is talked about only because his team won the treble due to the whole team's effort ?

The haters could say what they want but since Messi won the last Ballon d' or :

-He scored in 22 consecutive games
-scored against all teams in La Liga
-was goalscorer of Spain and Europe
-won the golden boot and pichici
-won La Liga and Spanish Cup
- put Barca in the semifinals of CL thanks to his great impact in the games against Milan and PSG
- has 1 goal/90 minutes played this year
-has more assists than Ribery and Ronaldo (this one I'm not so sure)

If someone would bitch that Messi won after he done these things , let him do it.

footyfan

Calma, calma
iAJSMd1RXgSk8.gif

ibrF8UKYqnCCGJ.gif

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I don't understand why everyone thinks this goal is so good; the defenders stabbed like twelve year-olds for no reason, the challenge at the beginning when Messi just went right of him was in particular cringe-worthy. The Milan goal was much better in my opinion, in that there was nothing they could really do to stop it.

messi-goal-barca-milan.gif

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't understand why everyone thinks this goal is so good; the defenders stabbed like twelve year-olds for no reason, the challenge at the beginning when Messi just went right of him was in particular cringe-worthy. The Milan goal was much better in my opinion, in that there was nothing they could really do to stop it.

Yes let's chalk that goal up to bad defending......

If the defenders were poor for stabbing at him in the Bilbao goal, then the defenders were equally poor to leave Messi unmarked and not close him down at the edge of the area for the Milan goal.

ebc_99

And who is the deserving winner ? Ronaldo who up untill October had no chances at the award ? Or Ribery , who is talked about only because his team won the treble due to the whole team's effort ?

The haters could say what they want but since Messi won the last Ballon d' or :

-He scored in 22 consecutive games
-scored against all teams in La Liga
-was goalscorer of Spain and Europe
-won the golden boot and pichici
-won La Liga and Spanish Cup
- put Barca in the semifinals of CL thanks to his great impact in the games against Milan and PSG
- has 1 goal/90 minutes played this year
-has more assists than Ribery and Ronaldo (this one I'm not so sure)

If someone would bitch that Messi won after he done these things , let him do it.

You are right, Messi has been fantastic this year.

I don't understand how someone particularly a Barca fan could think anyone but Messi deserves it. Some people are easily led by the media, that is all I can think of because the gap between him and everyone else has been bigger this year than any other in my opinion and only injuries allow some doubt to his chance of the award. Nobody mentioned Ronaldo a month ago and now they say he deserves it more than Messi, crazy.

Stric

The Milan goal is just out of this world. That game is probably of my nicest memories of 2013. :lol: He had an inch of space and he made the best of it, just incredible.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yes let's chalk that goal up to bad defending......

If the defenders were poor for stabbing at him in the Bilbao goal, then the defenders were equally poor to leave Messi unmarked and not close him down at the edge of the area for the Milan goal.

But he was marked, there was three behind him and two in front, he would have to take a ridiculously quick touch and place the perfect shot in order to score there. The fact Abbiati didn't even have time to move shows you how well Messi was marked and how well he did to score regardless.

Look at it from this angle, you can hardly see him when he shoots, he somehow manages to find the one spot where it goes through the defenders and into the back of the net.

MessiGoal_original_original.gif

It would be impressive to score a free kick from that angle with that gap, to score when you just took one touch and know you have no time is absolutely out of this world.

footyfan

Calma, calma
But he was marked, there was three behind him and two in front, he would have to take a ridiculously quick touch and place the perfect shot in order to score there. The fact Abbiati didn't even have time to move shows you how well Messi was marked and how well he did to score regardless.

Look at it from this angle, you can hardly see him when he shoots, he somehow manages to find the one spot where it goes through the defenders and into the back of the net.

MessiGoal_original_original.gif

It would be impressive to score a free kick from that angle with that gap, to score when you just took one touch and know you have no time is absolutely out of this world.

Being surrounded by players doesn't mean he was marked. Why were the 2 defenders backing off instead of cutting out his space? Why were the 2 midfielders ball watching while he was playing a 1-2? I'm sure "good" defending incorporates neither of these elements.

The Milan goal was amazing, but so was the goal against Bilbao. One of the defenders literally stepped on his ankles and he continued on like nothing happened. The dexterity of the touch to go in between 3 defenders was beautiful and just like the Milan goal, he released the shot with almost no backlift, thus catching the Bilbao goalie out.

footyfan

Calma, calma
BTW the impressive thing about the Milan goal was that he got so much power and precision with no back lift, not the fact that he didn't have space to shoot. Your second angle shows clearly that he has a lot of space to place the shot. It was the quick release of the shot that was impressive, just like in the Bilbao goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans