10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Its basically making up stories around him yelling at them on the pitch, the timing is indeed obvious and Madrid media will happily jump on these type of stories.
They often want to discredit Messi.
In reality he could probably be a dick at times or completely nice, we don't know but almost all humand have good and bad moments, its normal.

Kerrybai

Its basically making up stories around him yelling at them on the pitch, the timing is indeed obvious and Madrid media will happily jump on these type of stories.
They often want to discredit Messi.
In reality he could probably be a dick at times or completely nice, we don't know but almost all humand have good and bad moments, its normal.

Some people become so bored with football that they engage in its 'tabloidization'. They are more concerned with footballers celebrity wives or the latest training ground bust up. Controversy sells newspapers and creates interest. Only those very close to Messi know the truth about his 'ego' or how humble he really is, yet somehow a couple of vague stories/quotes/videos and suddenly people conclude that he's an egotistical maniac who runs the dressing room.

XaviMessiGirl

you know very little about the guy it seems. Try doing more research work before making conclusions about messi and his behavior. No one, in or outside the club for last 5 years had any problems with messi. Alexis in an interview to Barca tv said , "We talk about many things in the dressing room or when we are out partying. We all know that messi is the best player in the world but it is hard to believe when you hang out with him. He makes you feel like family."

I can go on with other quotes or interviews if you want. But I believe you want to keep yourself in the dream land?

eh right ???

You're right, I don't know him, which is why I used words such as "seems" & I even said I believe those quotes are made up. I've said to others in the past that you can't really know what any player is like unless you know them personally, so I get what you mean. But that doesn't mean I can't be concerned about the possibility.

And your point about the players, just to play devil's advocate do you think that a Barca player would ever say anything but nice things about Messi, or any teammate really?

Not if we're going by your comments on zero evidence while ignoring the bevy of examples of how good a teammate he is...Not too dissimilar to you claiming Xavi was unsportsmanlike, I might add

Don't even go there, Xavi is my favorite player, I just don't like how he handles the press sometimes.

Jill

I'll probably get slaughtered here, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to it either. His attitude towards teammates seems to have changed in the past couple years. The supposed quotes themselves were most likely made up but we've all seen him getting frustrated/yelling at his teammates & not really in the same way that Puyol might.
As Luftstalag14 said, see the timing - clearly it's black PR before UEFA award day.
It is natural for us to worry about the relationship in the squad, but we shouldn't get conclusions from false quotes, only from facts and real quotes.
Let's separate cutlets from flies :okay:

PS: if anybody knows, voting for UEFA best player will be before the draw or after it?

Richard.H

you know very little about the guy it seems. Try doing more research work before making conclusions about messi and his behavior. No one, in or outside the club for last 5 years had any problems with messi. Alexis in an interview to Barca tv said , "We talk about many things in the dressing room or when we are out partying. We all know that messi is the best player in the world but it is hard to believe when you hang out with him. He makes you feel like family."

I can go on with other quotes or interviews if you want. But I believe you want to keep yourself in the dream land?

eh right ???

These type of replies are what really annoys me a bit about this forum.

She simply stated that the reports COULD be right. Your evidence with the Alexis interview could easily be argued against. He is a teammate of Messi's, why would he try to screw up any type of chemistry he has with the team by stating any hint of negativity? That would be a very unwise move.

Seems like you only did research for the opinions that you agree with. Zlatan, when he left, stated that Messi was the boss of the team, although never flat out said Messi was a bad guy.

The truth is none of us know about any of the players on the team. Your only form of evidence can be solely from interviews and what us fans see on the pitch.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
It's true most likely. But that doesnt mean shit. That's a way to channel your anger on the field. It just means that he's a normal person after all and not jesus christ reborn. Suprise.
I wouldn't blow it out of proportion by saying he's bullying his mates.

No reliable source, zero evidence. So most likely pure invention. Also, those are off-the-pitch remarks. The only way they could prove those is by quoting a Barcelona player, and they can't.

Kerrybai

For arguments sake lets say he does have a huge ego. Most sports stars at the top of their profession have huge egos, whether its Vettel in F1, Federer in tennis or past footballers like Pele. It generally goes hand in hand with been on the top of your profession, whether you are a sports star or CEO at a large financial firm

I still stick by the opinion I have always held, their is simply not enough evidence for someone to make a conclusion on his personality/ego. The media have sensationalized a couple of small and isolated outbursts, while also fabricating conflicts within the team.

As a result we get a bunch of self taught psychologists passing unfair judgement.

raskolnikov

I cant decide wether Ronaldo pussying out means Lei has a bigger chance to win or smaller. I feel they will give it to Ribery cause Messi always wins everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans