10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
25. He is missing :mou: in La Liga.
26. He is giving Cristiano false hopes of being the best.
27. He is no longer allowed to do this;

i8Vh21qmJxyW4.gif

adil_909

lol i'm glad these pathetic doom and gloom scenarios are being given the treatment they deserve. last year everyone cried that the team was too dependent on messi. this year other people are stepping up and everyone is crying that we aren't dependent enough on messi. there are just tons of people who will never be happy.

Kerrybai

About the bolded parts. Messi has to realise he is not trying hard enough and he can do much better. I've seen him walk on the pitch like he was going to the supermarket, when Alexis and Neymar where both trying to free themselves, to make room and receive the ball in favorable positions. Not Messi, he was still walking. It's just the effort I'm talking about here, pure effort.

Someone missed the game vs Madrid :tata1:

You seem to really be pushing your agenda that Messi is declining, why don't you take a break from putting him down and try enjoying him and the rest of the team. The negativity on here is depressing.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No way to tell if the Sport story is true but if it were, would be worrying...There are many scenarios that could explain his loss of form

1. He's simply not 100% healthy from his injuries, as he's said in the press.
2. He is unsettled, either due to Neymar, Tata or some other reason
3. He's pacing himself as Mascherano alluded to recently for the WC, which would suggest he's not giving 100% to the club
4. He's bored or simply lost interest
5. Worst case scenario, he's actually seen a deterioration in his game...sooner than expected

And, again, if true, Captains going to talk to him has the feel of an intervention which would suggest there are concerns things are not well

I think it is a combination of 1, 2 and 3, with 3 being closely tied to 1. Messi has been tormented by the issue of recurring injuries recently and he seemed to be quite shaken by it. It is not that he doesn't want to give his 100% to our club, he is simply taking care of his body more seriously, not working his body to the limits. However, if he is 100% fit, that is no excuse for him walking around.

With regard to 2, I think it is definitely not Neymay he is unsettled with, rather it is the new tactics and the RW position that threw him off a bit.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Man, I don't mind Messi playmaking at all. Him behind a striker is just gold for everyone. He created a lot of chances for Ibra, and he has great telepathy with Higuain. It would be awesome to watch. For example, Lewandowski holding the ball up for Messi :wub:

It would never happen at Barca though, just not the style, as a player needs to be sacrificed from the wings. Unless we play with 3 defenders a la Pep, with Messi behind Sanchez like in the 2011 Clasico.

I second the notion. One of the reasons Messi is so good is his playmaking abilities and the fact he had so many mesmerizing passes and assists. I can't wait to see the return of those.

Pepe Silvia

The minute someone provides a thoughtful explanation about how he feels the extent and reasons for Messi's form has been he gets jumped on and hounded by a swarm of Messi fan boys. Not a good look in terms of allowing a spirited debate to evolve, instead passing someone's opinion off as crazy or out of touch. Too much blind fanboyism going on for me.

The Observer

The minute someone provides a thoughtful explanation about how he feels the extent and reasons for Messi's form has been he gets jumped on and hounded by a swarm of Messi fan boys. Not a good look in terms of allowing a spirited debate to evolve, instead passing someone's opinion off as crazy or out of touch. Too much blind fanboyism going on for me.

Thoughtful explanation? Some of the overreactions why he is only on 12 goals and 4 assists in 11 starts in an injury-ridden season under new tactics are unreal, man. Did he also "lose interest" or "decline" or "pace himself" when he scored hattricks against Ajax and Valencia or made that dribble in the 93th minute to win the game against Sevilla? Did he get visibly mad for getting subbed off in the 80th minute against Real Sociedad because he wants to "save himself for the World Cup"? And how does "pacing himself" work anyway? His dribbling numbers per game are even higher than last year which suggest that he doesn't avoid physical contact deliberately and he's also pressing again under Tata. I've never seen Messi work as hard under Guardiola or Tito as he did against Real Madrid this year despite not being fit. He was sweating like a pig around the 40 minute mark. Does Iniesta also save himself for Spain or did he lose interest? Unlike Messi, I haven't seen Iniesta play to his usual standards even once this season. And why would Neymar unsettle Messi? Unlike Ibra he doesn't play in his position and unlike Villa or Tello he doesn't pull the trigger everytime instead of passing the ball. On the contrary, he dishes out more assists than anyone else in Europe right now and keeps praising Messi in every single interview since he arrived. No, even before he arrived.

He came back from injury in a tough schedule and got played further away from goal for tactical reasons in many of those games. Against Milan he will score 5 goals or something.

SeloBarca

agreed. messi is clearly struggling and its not only because of his injury. God forbid you point it out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans