10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doobs

The Messiah
If they have not been both told to get forward at all times then they are ignoring instructions from the management for the whole season as that is exactly what they have been doing all season.

It was deliberate to take in a more attacking left back to allow Iniesta or whoever is on the left to play further inside and closer to Messi.

The downside of that is that the defence looks so open and teams like Madrid and Milan are almost just blindly hitting the ball out wide when they counter and getting opportunities from it.

Why not just allow one full back to go up at one time? That way there can be three at the back at all times.. The most dangerous flank could have it's fullback stay in a defensive position. Eg Alves could defend Ronaldo's flank and Alba can join the attack or vice versa depending on the threat.

Although we play such a high line coupled with Pique's adventurous nature that Ronaldo and Di Maria can always get in behind the defense.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Messi: "What will I do after I retire? When all this has ended, I will go home. I will return to Rosario and live there until I die." [optimum]
Good, I don't want him to ruin his legacy like Maradona has done.

F

Flavia

Unless a miracle happens tomorrow , Messi will not be winning next year's ballon d'or.
What has to happen tomorrow? Do you mean the milan game next week?

He won't win the bdor every single season. And as he now has the record for consecutive ones, he'll only win it if he really is astounding this year.

ShandyFFM

guess ballon d'or this year for ronaldo.. scored in every important match... although he got 18 this season with 9 month to go.... meaning he scored more than messi in his 91 goals season yet

fendiking

wait a minute

16 consecutive goals in la liga and counting

39 goals in 26 la liga games on course to break 50 goals record from last season

will win the league with barca again

will win his 3rd golden boot

he is more than likely to win the balon d'or again

Me55i D105

If he turns the game around against Milan, he will be up there, but he needs to outshine Ronaldo in the CL to be able to win again. So far Ronaldo has this year been better, and Messi needs to prove himself worthy, although to be fair we have no idea what will happen the remainder of the year but a fact is that CL is a big decider for the award.

He needs to spark his team, motivate them, yell at them in a good manner and not just yell, make them wake up and fight. If he really burns for the team he needs to show it by being a leader, because people look to him for guidance and pulling them through. Turn the ship around, make the team perform and everything will fall into place. If not this season and maybe whole year will just be a one title year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans