10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

el chilenito

you make it seem like its impossible to win in bolivia.

On Messi puking during the game reminds me of Jamie Foxx the footballer in Any Given Sunday :lol:.

On the thin air playing conditions in La Paz, I totally agree that Bolivia will always have that advantage until the Fifa takes serious action and not allow this health hazard to continue. You can get a heart attack from this.
And speaking of playing conditions, I can't imagine how playing the World Cup in Qatar is safe? I can't stand anything to do with Qatar anymore.

On the upcoming game in Paris, oh yeh we're really screwed this time. Ibra is back, Levezzi rested today and in the meanwhile we pickup up more injuries during the Fifa games.

bolivia do have a slight advantage in la paz but it doesn't mean that its impossible to win there, the fact of the matter is all of the argentinian players are playing at a elite football level and should be able to accustome to playing in different condition, just look at chile for xample, 2010 qualifying chile won at la paz 2-0, argentina lost 6-1, 2014 qualifying chile won 2-0 at la paz again ( this time though we were very lucky to win) argentina drew 1-1, which team has the better players? argentina, wich team has more players playing in world class teams? argentina as well. plus messi being the 'worlds best player at the moment he should have no trouble playing in tougher conditions, so i dont know why they needed to resort to puking and oxygen masks, that has always puzzled me,
in the other hand ecuador and chile are reknown for their great stamina and endurance so maybe its just culture as well that have to do with getting results in la paz.

misterplatin

bolivia do have a slight advantage in la paz but it doesn't mean that its impossible to win there, the fact of the matter is all of the argentinian players are playing at a elite football level and should be able to accustome to playing in different condition, just look at chile for xample, 2010 qualifying chile won at la paz 2-0, argentina lost 6-1, 2014 qualifying chile won 2-0 at la paz again ( this time though we were very lucky to win) argentina drew 1-1, which team has the better players? argentina, wich team has more players playing in world class teams? argentina as well. plus messi being the 'worlds best player at the moment he should have no trouble playing in tougher conditions, so i dont know why they needed to resort to puking and oxygen masks, that has always puzzled me,
in the other hand ecuador and chile are reknown for their great stamina and endurance so maybe its just culture as well that have to do with getting results in la paz.

It is a fact that playing football at that altitude it difficult. It is ok if people suffered at that height and used precautions like Oxygen mask ..

*Messi being the world's best player should have no trouble playing in tougher conditions * No it troubles every one ,even the best players .

F

Flavia

Have you ever been to a higher altitude than the one you're used to? You just cannot breathe properly, even worse if you try to run, hence the oxygen masks. It's not about tougher conditions, it's physiological. People used to sea level altitudes are not able to breathe in the same way at higher altitutes, because the air is thinner and there is less oxygen available...

People can actually die from high altitudes. You should read this site to understand higher altitudes is not something simple to deal with.

J

jiopi

"There is only one player who is doing things that I could never do and that is Messi," Totti was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Kerrybai

Resorting = adopting or turning to an undesirable strategy to resolve a difficult situation. Are you suggesting they puked on purpose Or used oxygen just for the sake of it? Honestly try running at 4000m and see how you feel.

el chilenito

It is a fact that playing football at that altitude it difficult. It is ok if people suffered at that height and used precautions like Oxygen mask ..

*Messi being the world's best player should have no trouble playing in tougher conditions * No it troubles every one ,even the best players .

never did i say it wasn't difficult, im saying why does it affect the argentinian players so much especially messi and not other players like sanchez and co?im saying why is that the case?, the argentinian players have played elite football and better teams longer than most of the chilean players and yet the chilean players can take the alitude of la paz and argetinian cannot as evident by their poor away record at la Paz. Chile and Argentina are pretty much the same at sea level so neither have the advantage of adapting to altitude. take sanchez for example, he plays at the same club as messi so he plays the same condion day in day out no advatage to altitude training watsoever, everybody knows that sanchez is injury prone and the higher altitude makes the blood from the limbs more focus on the central area, the less blood that is traveling to the legs muscles will hyperthertically aggratvate and increase the risk of injury, it also should hyperthertially reduce your top speed and fatigue you much more quickly, you lose concentration and you develop a headache in most cases, but sanchez was still pressing the defense of bolivia and dribbling well past the 70 minute mark. messi in the other hand, who hasn't been injured in so long, dedicates his life to nutrition and adequete sleep and has the best training plan of any footballer was having trouble in la paz, even di maria who is exactly like sanchez wasn't the same player. sanchez's game which is based upon endless running, pressing and sprinting as oppose to messi who picks his moments to dribble and sprint, in theory should have made sanchez burnt out and struggling much more than messi as opposed to the opposite, messi puked and di maria plus 2 other needed oxygen mask, while sanchez, vidal and even fatass humberto suazo and old defender in his 30 were able to keep up didn't need to result to puking and masks. And this is not a one time occurance, this happens nearly every qualifications. Why do argentina always play crap in La paz while chile gets results there on a consistent basis dispite argentina having the better players and both teams have no advantage over the other in terms of altitude acclimisation.

F

Flavia

never did i say it wasn't difficult, im saying why does it affect the argentinian players so much especially messi and not other players like sanchez and co?im saying why is that the case?, the argentinian players have played elite football and better teams longer than most of the chilean players and yet the chilean players can take the alitude of la paz and argetinian cannot as evident by their poor away record at la Paz. Chile and Argentina are pretty much the same at sea level so neither have the advantage of adapting to altitude. take sanchez for example, he plays at the same club as messi so he plays the same condion day in day out no advatage to altitude training watsoever, everybody knows that sanchez is injury prone and the higher altitude makes the blood from the limbs more focus on the central area, the less blood that is traveling to the legs muscles will hyperthertically aggratvate and increase the risk of injury, it also should hyperthertially reduce your top speed and fatigue you much more quickly, you lose concentration and you develop a headache in most cases, but sanchez was still pressing the defense of bolivia and dribbling well past the 70 minute mark. messi in the other hand, who hasn't been injured in so long, dedicates his life to nutrition and adequete sleep and has the best training plan of any footballer was having trouble in la paz, even di maria who is exactly like sanchez wasn't the same player. sanchez's game which is based upon endless running, pressing and sprinting as oppose to messi who picks his moments to dribble and sprint, in theory should have made sanchez burnt out and struggling much more than messi as opposed to the opposite, messi puked and di maria plus 2 other needed oxygen mask, while sanchez, vidal and even fatass humberto suazo and old defender in his 30 were able to keep up didn't need to result to puking and masks. And this is not a one time occurance, this happens nearly every qualifications. Why do argentina always play crap in La paz while chile gets results there on a consistent basis dispite argentina having the better players and both teams have no advantage over the other in terms of altitude acclimisation.

Chilean players probably arrived early at la paz or used hyperbaric chamber to get used to the thinner air before the match. Strong will won't make anybody's lung be able to breathe on a higher altitude. It's a matter of air being thinner, and the pressure being lighter. It takes days to the body to get accustomed to the difference. It doesn't matter the training regime, fitness or anything else you mentioned.

Kerrybai

They drew in Bolivia which is a good result so I don't see what point you ate trying to make. They didn't do much worse than chile. Also messi puked because he had the flu.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hey Chileno, you're speaking utter tosh...You're argument holds no merit when it comes to the issue of altitude...Medically, your argument is illogical and in terms of FIFA they have already ruled on it before for the very same reasons mentioned...Why feign ignorance that Bolivia doesn't know exactly what they are doing when they have stadiums just above sea level?...It's a cheat and that's why we don't see Bolivia show up in the big tournaments

Kerrybai

Hey Chileno, you're speaking utter tosh...You're argument holds no merit when it comes to the issue of altitude...Medically, your argument is illogical and in terms of FIFA they have already ruled on it before for the very same reasons mentioned...Why feign ignorance that Bolivia doesn't know exactly what they are doing when they have stadiums just above sea level?...It's a cheat and that's why we don't see Bolivia show up in the big tournaments

It's not cheating. CONMBOL overturned the FIFA ban and support FIFA. All members excluding brazil supported Bolivia.

F

Flavia

It's not cheating. CONMBOL overturned the FIFA ban and support FIFA. All members excluding brazil supported Bolivia.
Politics don't change the fact they use the altitude to their advantage, despite the health issues it brings. especially when they have a perfectly good stadium at only 400m.

el chilenito

to FCBarca, simple stating that my comment is utter tosh without explaining and no counter rebuttor also despite fact that all commebol teams excluding brazil supported bolivia and said they were ok with playing in la paz makes bolivia a cheat team? sorry but your argument holds no merit. whats wrong with bolivia taking advantage in home stadium, ( which every football team in the world do). Bolivia dont show up in big tournaments because they are an inconsistent team plus commebol qualyfying is the hardest qualifyer in the world in my opinion., the 5 teams that qualified for the 2010 world cup toped their respective group in the world cup excluding chile who were second in group H, level on points with spain. whats easier? qualifying playing 6 games in europe against teams like faroe island, kazastan and maybe one hard team or playing 18 matches against previous world cup winners in argentina,uruguay, brazil and teams in the top 20 in the wold in chile, colombia and surprise packages like ecuador and paraguay?

el chilenito

@Kerrybai argentina have improved vastly since the last time they met i'll admit, i just thought if chile can win there most of the time, argentina which is a team thats in a class of its own, should win there also despite the altitude issue, granted a draw is not a bad result lol.i didn't know messi had the flu, that explains alot then, thanks for clearing that up mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans