10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaledBarca

Next Targets:

- Most Away LIGA goals in a season, joint record (Cristiano 2011-12 scored 23 goals in 19 away LIGA games):
Messi 2012-13: 23 goals in 15 away LIGA games (4 games remaining vs Zaragoza, Bilbao, Atletico, and Espanyol)

- Most Away LIGA goals EVER:
1- Hugo Sanchez 99.
2- Messi 96.
3- Raul 87.

raskolnikov

That a forward has so much vision and passing ability is not entirely unheard of, but his consistency with his defence-splitting passes and scoring (let alone dribbling) is definitely unheard of. That can easily create the illusion that "his vision is unmatched"
He has the vision and passing of a worldclass playmaker though, that combined with dribbling and being one of the best goalscorers in the history of the sport along with being one o the most consistent ever makes him unmatched and unreachable for all.

raskolnikov

Next Targets:

- Most Away LIGA goals in a season, joint record (Cristiano 2011-12 scored 23 goals in 19 away LIGA games):
Messi 2012-13: 23 goals in 15 away LIGA games (4 games remaining vs Zaragoza, Bilbao, Atletico, and Espanyol)

- Most Away LIGA goals EVER:
1- Hugo Sanchez 99.
2- Messi 96.
3- Raul 87.

Also most opponents scored against, cr7 had 27 last year Messi currently must have 25/26.
And he is uqual currently with Guiza for most away matches scored.
I wonder who has the record for most consecutive home goals, he is probably close there as well.

Last edited:

Jill

A lot of time he struggled vs the captain's bandage :
8136c3d8998811e2b42122000a9d0ed9_7.jpg

He scored just when he gave it to Iniesta :lol:

Paganinisrvnge

I think he went something like 14 games without scoring from open play before the brace.

Tbf, the Inter Milan he faced in 2009-10 had an absolutely phenomenal defense with the Lucio-Samuel CB pairing playing out of their minds and Julio Cesar playing fantastically in goal. Then the Milan of last year had Thiago Silva(current best CB in the world) and Alessandro Nesta(one of the best CBs of the past 20 years).

I think Messi would score plenty in Serie A as well as in the EPL or any other league.

This isn't directed at you but I've heard the ridiculous comments from people on other forums about how La Liga has terrible defending and Messi would be much less effective in the EPL and it's absurd. After the top 4 or 5 in the EPL; all the other teams would probably fair no better at stopping him than the equivalent teams in La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans