10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Can someone explain what exactly Messi meant? Is there a contract renewal or not at this point? Is it about more money or extending the contract further (making it longer)?
No. There is no contract renewal. Leo didn't ask for anything. He's just mad because Faus with his recent stupid statements basically made him look like a greedy c**t to the public.

Galning

Can someone explain what exactly Messi meant? Is there a contract renewal or not at this point? Is it about more money or extending the contract further (making it longer)?

Nothing of what you just said. There were rumours a few weeks ago that Messi wanted a payrise and thus a new contract. And the VP said that someone who renewed his contract 6 months ago doesn't deserve a new contract (meaning Messi).. and now Messi is taking a swing at him because he supposedly never asked for a contract renewal.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nothing of what you just said. There were rumours a few weeks ago that Messi wanted a payrise and thus a new contract. And the VP said that someone who renewed his contract 6 months ago doesn't deserve a new contract (meaning Messi).. and now Messi is taking a swing at him because he supposedly never asked for a contract renewal.

Thanks. So basically what Rosell said yesterday about his door remaining open etc. was to put out the fire, I guess?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Still there's people thinking that there's nothing wrong with the board and all of the players, staff, etc... leaving in recent years is just a coincidence :VdB:

The spin doctors should be arriving shortly to tell us everything is fine, meanwhile Rosell will be hiring yet another communications director perhaps?

Theconomist

The funny thing about the Messi situation is that even his 250 million release clause won't trouble the teams that can affoard him: PSG,City,Monaco...besides he is such a marketing cash cow that they can make that money back within a couple of years. I don't see why our board doesn't understand that the only thing keeping Messi in Barcelona is Messi. If PSG can pay Zlatan 15 millions a year and pay 75% tax out of their own pocket don't you think they can offer Messi double?
If they upset him, he will leave. 2016 can't come soon enough for this joke of a board to get reshuffled.

NeyMesSis

The funny thing about the Messi situation is that even his 250 million release clause won't trouble the teams that can affoard him: PSG,City,Monaco...besides he is such a marketing cash cow that they can make that money back within a couple of years. I don't see why our board doesn't understand that the only thing keeping Messi in Barcelona is Messi. If PSG can pay Zlatan 15 millions a year and pay 75% tax out of their own pocket don't you think they can offer Messi double?
If they upset him, he will leave. 2016 can't come soon enough for this joke of a board to get reshuffled.
$

Messi wont go!!! NEVER!!!

MMKa

Blatter? What did he say?

That voting percent was low, so they decided to extend voting period.

Not Blatter, but same message:
http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1623909&src=desktop
"If we decided to extend the deadline, it's simply because we didn't have -- to our mind -- enough votes. We have always said that we wanted to have 75 percent of the votes," Valcke explained. "The Ballon d'Or has to be representative of a credible opinion. Last year, we had more than 80 percent. There's nothing to hide. There's no manipulation, no opportunity to interfere with the procedure nor the result of the vote, which is watched over by a solicitor."

Last edited:

Yugi

to upset Messi this much that he comes out and says this even though he never said something like that in past....Faus´s days are over...well, they should be over but this board is absolutely ridiculous so he will probably stay

:facepalm: Rosell and company are making me sick

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I like how they've upset Cruyff, Pep and Messi in consecutive years. A Treble Rosell style.

They can never beat this:

L-Equipe-prepara-especial-sobre-Barca-diari-frances_ARAIMA20120416_0076_24.jpg

JamDav1982

I don't know why but I feel like this is gonna create a huge problem btw Messi and the club.

I doubt it, if Messi is pissed of with Faus there will only be one winner there.

He should never have commented if there was never a request to increase the contract, infact even if there was he was wrong to bring it into the public domain.

It wont prove a huge problem and the board will back Messi every time.

CatalinR10

Imagine if Messi decides to leave because of that guy.
Faus will have to move outside Spain not to be killed on the streets by the angry fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans