10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alissa

Woow, just woow! He sounds upset, very upset. How can you let something like that happen? I'm sure some people are very happy right now, they see a possibility here. And slowly but surely I'm starting to see it too, you just don't piss Messi off. You don't. It's as simple as that!

Yannick03

Rosell needs to make a clear statement, if Faus wouldn't have been so bold, Leo would have never reacted in that way. And if Rosell doesn't react, get him and the entire board out. After all the media campaigns against Messi without any backing of the board in favor of Leo, Faus decides to make him look greedy asking for an contract renewal.

This is unacceptable !

PhilS

No, Messi will not leave. But this tiff is bad for Barca, there will be no winners.

If Messi is just constantly agitating about his contract, this is very destructive to the club, and there is absolutely nothing the club can do to fix it. They can't not give him whatever he asks for, and it's also just a terrible idea to let him re-write his contract every few months. Of course, this is Messi's club. Not the socios' club, not the board's club, not Rosell's club. Messi will get whatever he wants. He can name the next president if he chooses to do so, the socio's will vote as he tells them to. I would if I was a socio.

Barca stability has been a big edge compared to almost all other clubs. Laporta burned vast sums of money wastefully, and his accounting was not truthful. Rosell is a real businessman, even if you hate him you have to admit that his financial management is excellent. On the football side, both ran the club in a very stable way by the standards of this sport.

Messi by himself can put an end to this stability. He does seem to be poorly advised, he should just live with his recently renegotiated contract. The Catalan tax increases and the collapse of his tax sheltering have reduced his net income quite a bit. Of course, he is underpaid, team sports always underpay their biggest stars. Messi is worth at least 100M euros a year to Barca, 20% of the gross.

Faus may have been ordered to sacrifice himself in order so that the board/management could deliver a message to Messi's camp.

Yannick03

No, Messi will not leave. But this tiff is bad for Barca, there will be no winners.

If Messi is just constantly agitating about his contract, this is very destructive to the club, and there is absolutely nothing the club can do to fix it. They can't not give him whatever he asks for, and it's also just a terrible idea to let him re-write his contract every few months. Of course, this is Messi's club. Not the socios' club, not the board's club, not Rosell's club. Messi will get whatever he wants. He can name the next president if he chooses to do so, the socio's will vote as he tells them to. I would if I was a socio.

Barca stability has been a big edge compared to almost all other clubs. Laporta burned vast sums of money wastefully, and his accounting was not truthful. Rosell is a real businessman, even if you hate him you have to admit that his financial management is excellent. On the football side, both ran the club in a very stable way by the standards of this sport.

Messi by himself can put an end to this stability. He does seem to be poorly advised, he should just live with his recently renegotiated contract. The Catalan tax increases and the collapse of his tax sheltering have reduced his net income quite a bit. Of course, he is underpaid, team sports always underpay their biggest stars. Messi is worth at least 100M euros a year to Barca, 20% of the gross.

Faus may have been ordered to sacrifice himself in order so that the board/management could deliver a message to Messi's camp.

Neither Messi nor anyone from his 'clan' asked for a renewal.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
From bad to worse...Just a reminder for the Rosell apologists, this was the prediction of many fans, including this one, ahead of his election that he would tear down everything & everyone associated with Laporta & Pep's era

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Messi just said neither he nor any of his people ever ask for a renewal of his contract. Faus' comments were needless, unwarranted and inflammatory. Messi has been getting undeservedly killed by the press, and the last thing he needs is someone who is supposed to be on his side, needless and foolishly throwing more fuel for the bashing fire.

He had every right to snap and go at this fool.

Yannick03

Exactly.. the vice president of BARCELONA, invented that whole fiasco. My question is, why on Earth would he do that?

I don't think Faus invented this story. I believe there were rumours in the press about Messi asking for a renewal, some reporters asked Faus about this and he reacted in a negative way instead of just denying the story.

Stric

Fast forward 2-3 years, Neymar is the king of Barcelona and Rosell gets reelected for bringing him. Messi sold to Atletico for 2M + variables.

Seriously, though, anyone who defends this stupid board at this point loses all credibility.

Maria

And you get all this from where?

You should read Swiss Ramble and see who's accounting was truthfull..but I guess it's very believable that a club who can't afford to make black&white photocopies one year, is capable of spending between 600M-1200M euros for a new stadium the next. And if you're comparing the football side, you should also compare the state in which these 2 found the club when they came. Not to mention that we will also see in which state the team is left when Rosell is no longer president and if that team can win the CL in the first year of the next president.

Last edited:

NotInHere

I don't think Faus invented this story. I believe there were rumours in the press about Messi asking for a renewal, some reporters asked Faus about this and he reacted in a negative way instead of just denying the story.
It's still as bad as fabricating the actual story himself, not only did he give out a negative response, he validated the story that probably some gross overweight Real Madrid reporter, farted out of his ass..

If Faus doesn't apologize, he needs to be out simple as that.

NotInHere

I highly doubt all this will get to Leo though, he seems to be very loved among his teammates and family in particular, a guy like that will not let anyone influence him. That is of course, if the own organization stops putting out dirt on its best player.

CesDel

Exactly.. the vice president of BARCELONA, invented that whole fiasco. My question is, why on Earth would he do that?

The only reason that I can think of is that the rumours that Rosell wants to sell Messi are true, and he is leaking false information to make Messi look greedy. So that when Rosell does sell Messi, there wont be a big backlash against him.

Needless to say, I really hope thats not the case..

F

Flavia

He was asked about it, if I remember it correctly. And decided to give that stupid response.

Selling Messi to fund the new stadium is as stupid as it gets. Trophies>stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans