10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursegor

World Champion
Paco Jemez has no tactics except playing suicidal attacking football in the Zeman mould with uncoordinated pressing where everyone is chasing the ball. Pique could have gotten a hattrick of assists with simple over the top balls against Rayo this season. Rayo conceded 80 goals last season. When you have no budget and your players are bums, part time Santa Clauses and garbagemen it's cool and dandy and the hipster will love you for playing that way. That doesn't make him a suitable Barca coach. Nevermind that Messi will sack him after 2 training sessions once he's told to press better.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Messi and Lucho got into a heated argument that led to Lucho reminding Messi who is boss - is that just a rumour or do you accept that happened? You seem to be one of the few who are not accepting it.

Of which you have no evidence other than a report by a media outlet who is neither reliable nor terribly unbiased. Further, incident, in case of being true, of which you have NONE of the details or necessary information to make definite judgments. Something which is not stopping you from filling in the blanks with further assumptions and narratives.

Messi following Chelsea has happened.

This happened.

Far more people than me on this thread have accepted that these things happen. Some claim are happy he is trying to get rid of board. Some think Messi is out of order but you seem to be in the minority to think none of this has happened and there was nothing in Messi following Chelsea.

I have not fabricated anything. I am giving MY OPINION on what has been reported as countless others have done on this thread.

Seems you only focus on the opinions you dont like.

Claiming things can happen, to wildly speculating and fabricating narrative with nary a shred of evidence to support it, are two different things.

You have indeed fabricated narrative and expanded on rumors. If you cannot realize it, there in lies your problem.

I am not focusing on opinions I disagree with, I am focusing of fabricated narrative without a shred of substantiation and proof as of right now.

Morten

It's more risky to let Lucho continue being the manager then bringing in a new manager IMO.

I really thought Lucho was going to get "it" and know how to manage the club he put in so much work for as a player but I think his ego is too big to manage other big egos at a club this size. He has no clue tactically. Hindsight is 20/20 but his approach is better suited for a small club like Celta Vigo. I was wrong on his signing and I'll admit it.

I have no problem with bringing in Laudrup in a caretaker role for the rest of the season. I'd love to give Jemez a shot though. Maybe he'll be a fit, maybe it'll just be average but I really doubt anybody could be much worse than Lucho right now. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Messi and Neymar need to start at the Anoeta when the Merengues just dropped points.
Luis havent done a good job and things could be a lot better. But dont push it, you are in 2nd place so i could easily think of managers who could do a worse job.

JamDav1982

Of which you have no evidence other than a report by a media outlet who is neither reliable nor terribly unbiased. Further, incident, in case of being true, of which you have NONE of the details or necessary information to make definite judgments. Something which is not stopping you from filling in the blanks with further assumptions and narratives.

This happened.

Claiming things can happen, to wildly speculating and fabricating narrative with nary a shred of evidence to support it, are two different things.

You have indeed fabricated narrative and expanded on rumors. If you cannot realize it, there in lies your problem.

I am not focusing on opinions I disagree with, I am focusing of fabricated narrative without a shred of substantiation and proof as of right now.

Again, even if you think I am doing that then almost every other poster is doing the same and giving their different views based on the news reports.

You dont have any problem with those who do that with an opinion you agree on though.

Opinions based on 'fabrications'.

Neymessi

Apparently turkish airlines is going to be chelsea's new sponsor and messi is already a turkish airline sponsor.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Again, even if you think I am doing that then almost every other poster is doing the same and giving their different views based on the news reports.

You dont have any problem with those who do that with an opinion you agree on though.

Not to your level nor with your determination.

But if you feel I am focusing on you out of vendetta, allow me to dissuade you. I agree with plenty of things you post, almost never with your level of conviction, but I do. That I argue with you on what we disagree, is because of the level of conviction in which you express your opinion, and not because I have something particular against you as a poster.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Paco Jemez has no tactics except playing suicidal attacking football in the Zeman mould with uncoordinated pressing where everyone is chasing the ball. Pique could have gotten a hattrick of assists with simple over the top balls against Rayo this season. Rayo conceded 80 goals last season. When you have no budget and your players are bums, part time Santa Clauses and garbagemen it's cool and dandy and the hipster will love you for playing that way. That doesn't make him a suitable Barca coach. Nevermind that Messi will sack him after 2 training sessions once he's told to press better.

Not a factual post but a pretty funny one :lol: :lol:

BarcaGirl

Reading through the last few pages of this thread, I'm glad I decided to take a break from this forum.

So much fuss, just because he started following chelsea. Jesus. :lol: You all need to chill.

Let's take a look at Messi’s future according to his IG following status...

Leo follows chelsea
Leo also follows ManCity
Leo also follows Higuain Pocho Otamendi…

Conclusion:
City and Chelsea will share Leo. One for the first half of the season one for the second half. He might spend time at Napoli Valencia and PSG (of course of Lavezzi doesn't leave) while at it..
Filipe Luis followed him back, so Filipe is clearly sigining for Barça

Also, Messi’s gonna retire from football and go into boxing. Playing as a lightweight and spend time with Mayweather, who he follows as well.
He will then spend sometime playing tennis with Roger Federer, whom he - surprise, surprise - also follows.
Then he weill spend half a season with Manu Ginobili and the San Antonio Spurs playing basketball.

After that, he’s gonna go on tour and be a backup dancer/vocalist for Beyoncé.
Finally, Leo will become a fulltime model for D&G.

All that before the age of 35. Gotta love that man’s ambition. Trully the GOAT.

Goodnight :)

Morten

Reading through the last few pages of this thread, I'm glad I decided to take a break from this forum.

So much fuss, just because he started following chelsea. Jesus. :lol: You all need to chill.

Let's take a look at Messi’s future according to his IG following status...

Leo follows chelsea
Leo also follows ManCity
Leo also follows Higuain Pocho Otamendi…

Conclusion:
City and Chelsea will share Leo. One for the first half of the season one for the second half. He might spend time at Napoli Valencia and PSG (of course of Lavezzi doesn't leave) while at it..
Filipe Luis followed him back, so Filipe is clearly sigining for Barça
)

Know this is not serious, but if Chelsea and City have Messi for half a season each, what would be the point?

Ursegor

World Champion
it's not about ruling the world. it's about dedication, fighting spirit, playing your heart and soul out. with the current midfield and defence we won't be winning much, but at least we'll have something to look forward to. right now we're going downhill, wouldn't it be better if we started going up? and it's not like a new great manager + new great players = instant success, we'll still need a year or two. but we can't have that now, so why not make the most of what we can actually have now. all we want is the best the club can manage during transfer ban. i do not see that happening with lucho, he is a very good clown tho', i give him that.

Rayo Vallecano play with heart and dedication because they are part time bus drivers. Barca players are millionaires who've won it all multiple times and have better things to do like opening wine companies, promoting their online games and ruling social media. They will not run like Rayo players do. Multiple managers have tried to bring the pressing back to Barca and it never lasted. It's in Pep's book, players became lazy to give their all in random La Liga games and only cared about the big ones, this dates back to 2011, we're in 2015 now with pretty much the same core players. Why would a random Paco Jemez succeed? Because he plays tippy-tappy football with a random relegation team? Yeah, so did Tata, the Bielsista who was supposed to run the team to the ground with his intense coaching style. It ended up in great BBQ sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans