10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like Inter could ever afford Messi :lol:

They're a big club with lots of history and outspent everyone from 2006-2010 if I am not mistaken. They have a new owner now though, and he's repeatedly said that they want to rebuild without violating FFP.

F

Flavia

And that, quite frankly, would be a disgrace.

Just think of any other player doing anything similar (hmm... someone in Madrid?). Maybe he's become unmanageable.

Messi, unmanageable? C'mon now. If there's someone problematic in Barça now, is Enrique, not Messi. I think it was serghei who posted that Messi doesn't have a problem with authority, but with incompetence.
Messi surely needs a special treatment, because he is a special player. But nothing surreal. The problem is not him.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I do not know if people really believe in the theory that Messi is kinda running the club and pulling all the strings.
Is he involved in the whole "Lucho is in trouble, he might get sacked etc. saga"? Sure, Leo is part of the squad (the most important player) and there seems to be a big problem between the team and the coach. But he is not even close to a position to decide or have a major influence on actual decisions that are made by the board.

Leo was also always a guy who played the way his coaches wanted him to play. He played different roles for different managers and we can assume that he followed their orders. Take Tata for example. Leo was instructed to play kind of a classic 9 in many games which is a role that clearly limited his abilities. But he still made the runs and everything instead of doing his own thing.

Is Messi more powerful than your "average" player? Probably. Does make decisions over coaches and stuff? Hell no.

Edit: That is why I hate all this gossip bullshit. Instead of talking about football people who probably do not even watch the majority of games come out with their weird theories.
What was the last time there was a serious discussion in the Messi thread anyway? All we have in here is: He is past it, he is a dictator, he is the GOAT (after he scores), he is lazy and should run more (after he does not score) and comparisons to Ronaldo out of nowhere.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Messi, unmanageable? C'mon now. If there's someone problematic in Barça now, is Enrique, not Messi. I think it was serghei who posted that Messi doesn't have a problem with authority, but with incompetence.
Messi surely needs a special treatment, because he is a special player. But nothing surreal. The problem is not him.

Messi is not to blame for the current problems but nor should he or any other player be in the position to decide who is incompetent.

There is no way Messi or any player should be getting into a heated argument with their manager which some have reported has nearly come to blows. Nor should any player then get away with missing training the next day and not get punished as those above are scared he will want to leave.

Its not healthy for any club to treat players that differently.

Messi's behaviour is not from a point of view of him trying to hurt the club or has any maliciousness but almost child like emotional reactions but it doesnt make it right otr healthy for the club.

Also this idea that Guardiola never scolded Messi - he did there are videos of it.

F

Flavia

Messi is not to blame for the current problems but nor should he or any other player be in the position to decide who is incompetent.

There is no way Messi or any player should be getting into a heated argument with their manager which some have reported has nearly come to blows. Nor should any player then get away with missing training the next day and not get punished as those above are scared he will want to leave.

Its not healthy for any club to treat players that differently.

Messi's behaviour is not from a point of view of him trying to hurt the club or has any maliciousness but almost child like emotional reactions but it doesnt make it right otr healthy for the club.

Also this idea that Guardiola never scolded Messi - he did there are videos of it.

Pep knew how to deal with him. Pep himself also stated multiple times the club has to take care of him, because he is the best player ever, there are many videos of him saying things like that. Enrique seems to not know how to deal with anyone, much less Messi.

No one "decides" that someone else is incompetent. People that are incompetent show that to others themselves. If the whole dressing room haven't understand what enrique wants yet, that can only mean one thing.

Paganinisrvnge

Luis Enrique has gotten so much wrong that I don't know where to start. I'm shocked he hasn't been sacked yet.

His worst crime aside being a psychopath who thinks he's a world class coach is his absurd rotation policy. No clear back four and Ter Stegen not getting enough matches. Everything is a disaster and it's through sheer player talent that he even has a job right now. He should be bowing to Messi for saving his ass.several times. I'd get similar results if I were in charge.

JamDav1982

Pep knew how to deal with him. Pep himself also stated multiple times the club has to take care of him, because he is the best player ever, there are many videos of him saying things like that. Enrique seems to not know how to deal with anyone, much less Messi.

No one "decides" that someone else is incompetent. People that are incompetent show that themselves to others. If the whole dressing room haven't understand what enrique wants, that can only mean one thing.

But the two things dont have to be seperate.

Messi behaviour is out of order regardless of how bad Lucho is.

I hate this idea that it doesnt matter what Messi does as Lucho is worse. Of course Lucho is worse, he is arrogant and confusing the players but regardless Messi is not behaving properly either.

Messi hinting at leaving, missing training is nothing new anyway he did the same things under Pep but Pep let it go as he had a group of players and system that was functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans