10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Are you deliberately trolling? Because that seems to be the case.

I disagree with Fibonacci but why would he be trolling? He is pro Lucho, has his points and is discussing the topic in an absolutely normal way.
It is you who come in here and and add nothing to the discussion.

F

Flavia

We shouldn't be favourites given that we won nada last season.

Yes, we've struggled offensively, but we're having a great season defensively. In the league we've let in just over half the goals Real and Atleti have. At this rate we'll let in far fewer goals than last season. In fact, we're on course to having fewer goals against than we did under Pep. A team isn't defensively tight without the coach's input. So things depend on how you look at them.

I don't know which games you're watching, but we're not having a great season defensively. Or offensively, or in the midfield. Every time we faced a good opponent, we were heavily exposed, and they scored. Psg in Camp Nou were wasteful, and we were lucky to not end up 2nd. Against celta in camp Nou was another of those. Celta players toyed with our defense. And it's good to note they haven't scored in la liga since that game. You are too positive, if you think Enrique is doing a good job, or that he will manage to win anything as our coach.

And do you really think conceding less, while playing badly, is anything to be proud of? Barça was never about results, but playing well. We're not "resultadistas", as the result is all that what matters.

Changing coaches so much isn't good, but insisting in a clearly terrible coach is worse. Really bothers me how a player performs well in a game, to be benched in the next. 25 matches, and 25 different line-ups. The good thing is he'll be gone soon, if not now, by June.

klc123

I don't know which games you're watching, but we're not having a great season defensively. Or offensively, or in the midfield. Every time we faced a good opponent, we were heavily exposed, and they scored. Psg in Camp Nou were wasteful, and we were lucky to not end up 2nd. Against celta in camp Nou was another of those. Celta players toyed with our defense. And it's good to note they haven't scored in la liga since that game. You are too positive, if you think Enrique is doing a good job, or that he will manage to win anything as our coach.

Changing coaches so much isn't good, but insisting in a clearly terrible coach is worse. Really bothers me how a player performs well in a game, to be benched in the next. 25 matches, and 25 different line-ups. The good thing is he'll be gone soon, if not now, by June.

Supposedly he loses his job if we don't beat atleti this weekend. Judging by their performance against real yesterday and how much Enrique has upset the dressing room in the last week, we haven't got a chance of winning unless a miracle happens.

C

cbfpaulinho4

How trigger happy are you with coaches? I think in normal world, and in Barca historically, it would absurd to even debate sacking a coach after 5 months when we're second by a point in the league and won our UCL group..

Hey fibo, its like this everywhere. My basketball team was a 2 time world champ last few years but the moment the team went bad everyone wants the coach fired even though its a lack of talent problem. So it seems to be a trend in sports nowadays, theres no patience anymore, continuenity or anything of that is a thing of the past. I think lucho has done an excellect job, he has improved the club from last season and has them in contention. Thats all you ask for, to be contenders. Theres no guarantee in sports even if you have the best player. The problem i see here is big egos clashing but hey thats just my opinion. Tata was the greatest thing last season in the beginning, but same thing happened with him, the moment team started losing all turned on him too and wanted him fired. Its no different here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Reading through the last few pages of this thread, I'm glad I decided to take a break from this forum.

So much fuss, just because he started following chelsea. Jesus. :lol: You all need to chill.

Let's take a look at Messi’s future according to his IG following status...

Leo follows chelsea
Leo also follows ManCity
Leo also follows Higuain Pocho Otamendi…

Conclusion:
City and Chelsea will share Leo. One for the first half of the season one for the second half. He might spend time at Napoli Valencia and PSG (of course of Lavezzi doesn't leave) while at it..
Filipe Luis followed him back, so Filipe is clearly sigining for Barça

Also, Messi’s gonna retire from football and go into boxing. Playing as a lightweight and spend time with Mayweather, who he follows as well.
He will then spend sometime playing tennis with Roger Federer, whom he - surprise, surprise - also follows.
Then he weill spend half a season with Manu Ginobili and the San Antonio Spurs playing basketball.

After that, he’s gonna go on tour and be a backup dancer/vocalist for Beyoncé.
Finally, Leo will become a fulltime model for D&G.

All that before the age of 35. Gotta love that man’s ambition. Trully the GOAT.

Goodnight :)

Someone have copied your post and it's going around on twitter :lol:

B60B10KCIAAbrx1.jpg:large

Mitchell1978

There is no way Messi or any player should be getting into a heated argument with their manager which some have reported has nearly come to blows..

Why not? A manager is not some god whos is above all. You think Ancellotti does what he wants with CR7? When Ronaldo wants to play he will play but Ancelloti is smart and diplomatic enough to know how to handle star players and big egos. You make them feel important and respected and you consult with them before important decisions. Enrique clashed with Totti in Roma too, not a coincidence i think.

Lomar1o

i hate this cliche as if a player isn't bigger than the manager or a club and musn't go against the manager. well guess what, it's not like that in real life, no order is absolute, when the ship is sinking and the captain calls all the wrong decisions you either straighten him out or take the matters into your hand if you value the team. going against lucho isn't going against the club, it's actually standing up for the club, every sane person should go against lucho and the board who are RUINING the club.

rixxer

I still cannot get the answer a legitamate question: is it okay to just skip the open training and visting sick kids because you have a disagreement with a headcoach? I know, it is rumors and etc, but in theory, a lot of people in here are arguing it is okay because well, it is Lucho.That's it...the GOAT and the most valuable player in the team should definitely do such childish things and aniother question to those that bring up Pep and his relationship with Leo- may be, just may be we are not dealing with the same Messi in here? I am far from opinoin to call that Messi should be sold or smth like this, but some things are getting a bit too far from player's side.
Of course, we do not know all details, but the question raised by Fino are legitamate.

karthik

I think its time for us to free Leo. The man wont win any major honors till 2017 if he stays here and this summer is the one in which we will get the maximum for him.

Empty

I disagree with Fibonacci but why would he be trolling? He is pro Lucho, has his points and is discussing the topic in an absolutely normal way.
It is you who come in here and and add nothing to the discussion.

His points are based on an absolutist interpretation of things.

I'm not going to argue. Arguing about football is worse than arguing about whether qualia exists or not. I don't even know why I bother posting on here. This is a ridiculous waste of my time. I'll just go back to lurking and enjoy the chaos.

Cule4life

The Culest
The GOAT did what cules thought was impossible- Kicking out the board. We should give him two statues outside the camp nou for this :worthy:

I

instinct

I think its time for us to free Leo. The man wont win any major honors till 2017 if he stays here and this summer is the one in which we will get the maximum for him.

Messi is not bigger than the club.

Why should we let Messi leave from a Culé POV? Because he could win more trophies somewhere else? I don't give a damn where he could win trophies. Barcelona has more chances to win major trophies with Messi and therefore, he should not be sold. His personal sake is secondary IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans