10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik

Messi is not bigger than the club.

Why should we let Messi leave from a Culé POV? Because he could win more trophies somewhere else? I don't give a damn where he could win trophies. Barcelona has more chances to win major trophies with Messi and therefore, he should not be sold. His personal sake is secondary IMO.

Well he is big enough to scare the board for an early election.

My belief is that we have seen the absolute best of Leo and his cycle at the club is over. I feel this is the summer when we will get the maximum for him. We do not know what are the plans for the new board either.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I still cannot get the answer a legitamate question: is it okay to just skip the open training and visting sick kids because you have a disagreement with a headcoach? I know, it is rumors and etc, but in theory, a lot of people in here are arguing it is okay because well, it is Lucho.That's it...the GOAT and the most valuable player in the team should definitely do such childish things and aniother question to those that bring up Pep and his relationship with Leo- may be, just may be we are not dealing with the same Messi in here? I am far from opinoin to call that Messi should be sold or smth like this, but some things are getting a bit too far from player's side.
Of course, we do not know all details, but the question raised by Fino are legitamate.

Well there is always that other side of a coin, which might not be good but is part of it.

BBZ8800

We shouldn't be favourites given that we won nada last season.

Yes, we've struggled offensively, but we're having a great season defensively. In the league we've let in just over half the goals Real and Atleti have. At this rate we'll let in far fewer goals than last season. In fact, we're on course to having fewer goals against than we did under Pep. A team isn't defensively tight without the coach's input. So things depend on how you look at them.

Apparently, La liga is won against smaller teams with 5:1 and 5:2 victories, rather than with 0:0 on all away matches.
So, defensive record doesn't mean too much if you aren't scoring and if you are constantly slipping points.

Someone should tell that to Lucho.

BBZ8800

Well he is big enough to scare the board for an early election.

My belief is that we have seen the absolute best of Leo and his cycle at the club is over. I feel this is the summer when we will get the maximum for him. We do not know what are the plans for the new board either.

Henk Ten Cate, Rijkaard's assistant in Barcelona, said this to Dutch De Telegraaf about Messi:
-- he says that Messi's problems started 2 Seasons ago
-- Messi stayed here because he gave a promise to ill Tito

-- further, Ten Cate thinks that a transfer of Messi would be the best option for everyone
-- he says that Messi has been here for too long and that he needs a fresh challenge
-- further, this is the only moment when Barcelona can get 200 Millions for him
-- he will be worth much less with each year passing by

-- further, Ten Cate would like if Messi would stay at Barca, but he thinks that Messi will never again return to his "best form"
-- he says that no player in the world can play for so long at that level, and that Messi's drop in form in the last few Seasons was expected for people who are long enough in football

-- further, he says that Messi still has some nice individual stats, but that it is obvious that he is declining

(Ten Cate was with Barcelona in Seasons 2004-05 and 2005-06. We won 2 La Ligas and 1 Champions with him in those 2 Seasons.
He was awesome in tactics and in working with players.
-- his ideas were also to start a new cycle in 2004, and Rijkaard, Ten Cate and Begiristain kicked all players from the previous generation and bought new, motivated players
When he left, Rijkaard's team never was the same as with him as assistant coach)

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Henk Ten Cate, Rijkaard's assistant in Barcelona, said this to Dutch De Telegraaf about Messi:
-- he says that Messi's problems started 2 Seasons ago
-- Messi stayed here because he gave a promise to ill Tito

-- further, Ten Cate thinks that a transfer of Messi would be the best option for everyone
-- he says that Messi has been here for too long and that he needs a fresh challenge
-- further, this is the only moment when Barcelona can get 200 Millions for him
-- he will be worth much less with each year passing by

-- further, Ten Cate would like if Messi would stay at Barca, but he thinks that Messi will never again return to his "best form"
-- he says that no player in the world can play for so long at that level, and that Messi's drop in form in the last few Seasons was expected for people who are long enough in football

-- further, he says that Messi still has some nice individual stats, but that it is obvious that he is declining

(Ten Cate was with Barcelona in Seasons 2004-05 and 2005-06. We won 2 La Ligas and 1 Champions with him in those 2 Seasons.
He was awesome in tactics and in working with players.
-- his ideas were also to start a new cycle in 2004, and Rijkaard, Ten Cate and Begiristain kicked all players from the previous generation and bought new, motivated players
When he left, Rijkaard's team never was the same as with him as assistant coach)
Drop in form?? He has been our most consistent player throughout this shit. If we sell Messi now we'll be just like Spurs or Liverpool selling a Bugatti for 10 Fiats

BBZ8800

Drop in form?? He has been our most consistent player throughout this shit. If we sell Messi now we'll be just like Spurs or Liverpool selling a Bugatti for 10 Fiats

Messi who plays at his 60% is still one of Top 3 players in the world.
And by far Barca's best player.

The point of Ten Cate's words is that Messi is not anymore at Messi's 100%, but at 70-80% or something like that.

And no, that is not because of Tata or Lucho, it is because it's impossible to be 10 years on that level.

And again, even Messi who is not on his prime still can lead Barca to CL titles and everything.
But also, he will never be as good as 4-5-6-7 years ago.

And each new Season he will be more far from THAT level.
Again, he will still be our best player and one of 3-4 best players in the world.
But back then, he was by faaaaaar the best player in the world.

Iniesta is still our best midfielder, but he is far from HIS best level.
If he is the best midfielder in Barca, that doesn't say too much about whether his level declined over years.

(I don't want that we sell Messi, I was just copying the words of one of our famous coaches, who knows a lot about players, peaks and motivation..)

Last edited:

Behrox

Messi who plays at his 60% is still one of Top 3 players in the world.
And by far Barca's best player.

The point of Ten Cate's words that Messi is not anymore at Messi's 100%, but at 70-80% or something like that.

And no, that is not because of Tata or Lucho, it is because it impossible to be 10 years on that level.

And again, even Messi who is not on his prime still can lead Barca to CL titles and everything.
But also, he will never be as good as 4-5-6-7 years ago.

And each new Season he will be more far from THAT level.
Again, he will still be our best player and one of 3-4 best players in the world.
But back then, he was by faaaaaar the best player in the world.

Iniesta is still our best midfielder, but he is far from HIS best level.
If he is the best midfielder in Barca, that doesn't say too much about whether his level declined over years.
but why does he want him sold? We're not exactly bankrupt now are we? Who would you get to replace someone like the GOAT? Its not feasible or sane to sell Messi because there is not a single alternative to the said player.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Rumors that I read today:

(1) Chelsea has put together a package of 400 million pounds to lure Messi, with a 200m transfer fee and the rest toward salary for a 6-year contract (Star Sport)

(2) Chelsea has contacted Jorge Messi regarding a possible transfer (Star Sport)

(3) Messi secretly visited Chelsea's Cobham training facility (RAC1)

I hope it is all BS.

Behrox

(1) Chelsea has put together a package of 400 million pounds to lure Messi, with a 200m transfer fee and the rest toward salary for a 6-year contract (Star Sport)

(2) Chelsea has contacted Jorge Messi regarding a possible transfer (Star Sport)

(3) Messi secretly visited Chelsea's Cobham training facility (RAC1)

I hope it is all BS.

You forgot Messi opening a can of coke in front of Terry, Abramovich and Mou :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Luft, I told you earlier, there's a lot of false rumours using RAC1 as source when it never came from them.

And wtf is Star Sport? Daily Star?

Its a waste of your time to even think about it, never mind posting that garbage.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
MARCA quoted that rac1 source about chelsea approaching Jorge messi. That gives it some credibility (the fact rac1 said it not the story itself)

CatalinR10

Chelsea has put together a package of 400 million pounds to lure Messi

7297_3688.gif

Zebulun

Rosell lied and said that someone shot at his house with a BB gun. Imagine what will happen to bartomeu, he will be forever known as the man who sold our GOAT and quite possibly the GOAT. wouldn't like to be in his shoes if he accomplishes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans