10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Posters here feel outraged when awards are not merit based. And yet, excuses are pouring in for Messi's ridiculous picks.

Note to Simeone: Praise and defend Messi all the time (not that he doesn't, but apparently its not good enuf). So he should look to read out a 2 hr eulogy dedicated to him at messi's next visit to the Calderón. That might get him a mention next time.

Or maybe he didn't like how Simeone had his players targeting Messi last season? But then picking Mou makes no sense either.

viper76

I should have made it clear and I think I said it before, between Messi and Ronaldo, not only personal performance and stats matter, but also team trophies. Ronaldo won the 2013 BD with no trophies because his personal stats were better than Messi's (Messi was out injured for 4 times). He won the 2014 BD because with 2 trophies and better personal stats. So to win the 2015 BD, Messi will need to outscore Ronaldo by enough to make a lot of press/hype or having comparable personal stats but with more meaningful team trophies.

This award is truly unfair to anybody who is not Messi and Ronaldo.

you are wrong my friend on 2013 Messi was miles batter than Ronaldo . Ronaldo should never won it it was a joke the biggest scandal in history of football or how do you explain and justify the reopening of the voting after 2013 the Ballon d’Or lost its true meaning and its now worthless .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You can win everything and finish last: Ribery.

You can be the best GK since god knows when, and win the WC. You can only finish last: Neuer.

They should rename it the Messi&Ronaldo award.

I know you will disagree, Bertus, but personally I didn't think Ribery deserved it. He didn't stand out above other Bayern players in their treble-winning season that much. And the fact that he constantly talked about it perhaps made people dislike him a bit.

Remember, this is a popularity contest. ;)

Morten

Why so bitter about Messi not picking Simeone? It is his personal choice.

This is not North Korea yet.

Why are people here so bitter(not neccessary you) about the voters not picking Messi? It is the voters personal choice. This is not North Korea yet.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Posters here feel outraged when awards are not merit based. And yet, excuses are pouring in for Messi's ridiculous picks.

Note to Simeone: Praise and defend Messi all the time (not that he doesn't, but apparently its not good enuf). So he should look to read out a 2 hr eulogy dedicated to him at messi's next visit to the Calderón. That might get him a mention next time.

When did Messi ever voted based on merit? Players usually don't do that. They vote for their friends and teammates. Coaches is the same, he voted for the 2 he likes best, and mourinho. Maybe he likes him too.

Bertus

When did Messi ever voted based on merit? Players usually don't do that. They vote for their friends and teammates. Coaches is the same, he voted for the 2 he likes best, and mourinho. Maybe he likes him too.
Or maybe... :eusa_think:

Nah just kidding :)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Oh you've done it now. The press are going to have a field day. :mou:

F

Flavia

Oh you've done it now. The press are going to have a field day. :mou:

Oops, forgot they read BF.

Messi: "Diga lo que diga le dan la vuelta (La prensa), por eso hablo poco. Mi idea es seguir en el Barça"

Messi's votes: 1] Angel Di Maria 2] Andres Iniesta 3] Javier Mascherano

He always voted for Aguero, guess he's mad about the wc :p

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why are people here(not neccessary you) about the voters not picking Messi? It is the voters personal choice. This is not North Korea yet.

You are wrong my Madridista friend, most people here are not bitter about Messi losing to Ronaldo, instead we are discussing what it takes to beat Ronaldo to win it.

And more importantly, you can't really question ONE PERSON's personal choice/pick/preference/view because this is how ONE PERSON feels/thinks, but you can question the result of a public vote like this as it reflects the public sentiment.

Just like you might not like the result of your country's democratic election, whatever it is and think the other party should have won, but you are not going to criticize one person's vote, are you?

Icarium

Lifestealer
Award is given to the best player so it is no surprise that only ronaldo and messi win it. They are the best two players around for some time. Stop bitching about about why ribery and neuer did not win it. Neuer could have won it if bayern did not get beaten by real madrid like that. Make no mistake Neuer is great goalkeeper and should be considered in top 5 goal keepers of all time but sadly he is up against lionel messi and a goal scoring machine like ronaldo. It has always been this way, forward or AM's have won this award since many many years. Neuer might have deserved it but ribery does not deserve the award at all, what has he done actually? Robben was better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans