10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

You are wrong my Madridista friend, most people here are not bitter about Messi losing to Ronaldo, instead we are discussing what it takes to beat Ronaldo to win it.

And more importantly, you can't really question ONE PERSON's personal choice/pick/preference/view because this is how ONE PERSON feels/thinks, but you can question the result of a public vote like this as it reflects the public sentiment.

Just like you might not like the result of your country's democratic election, whatever it is and think the other party should have won, but you are not going to criticize one person's vote, are you?
In France, if you dare saying you're not Charlie, you might end up in prison.

And I'm not even joking. Some french on twitter posted things that the state didn't like, and now they risk prison for "supporting terrorism". One of them got a 1 year and a half prison sentence already.

Whatever people have to say, freedom of speech should prevail, but not in France.

spark

Posters here feel outraged when awards are not merit based. And yet, excuses are pouring in for Messi's ridiculous picks.

Note to Simeone: Praise and defend Messi all the time (not that he doesn't, but apparently its not good enuf). So he should look to read out a 2 hr eulogy dedicated to him at messi's next visit to the Calderón. That might get him a mention next time.

Arda is coached by Simeone and put Mou first and Simeone third so what do you think about that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In France, if you dare saying you're not Charlie, you might end up in prison.

And I'm not even joking. Some french on twitter posted things that the state didn't like, and now they risk prison for "supporting terrorism". One of them got a 1 year and a half prison sentence already.

Whatever people have to say, freedom of speech should prevail, but not in France.

What? That's crazy.

It is like in South Korea, supposedly a democracy where freedom of speech reigns, if you publicly display the North Korean flag you will go to prison.

Next time I go there I will wear a Kim Jong-un shirt to mock them.

I know Flavia will move these posts to the troll thread soon. ;)

zanela

When did Messi ever voted based on merit? Players usually don't do that. They vote for their friends and teammates. Coaches is the same, he voted for the 2 he likes best, and mourinho. Maybe he likes him too.

He may not 've voted so in the prev. years. But he's always shown loyalty to his compatriots, which is why I'm disappointed in him for not showing support to a fellow argie who was more deserving than any of his mentions, including Sabella.

Given my albiceleste inclination, I'm indeed bitter to not see Simeone win, as if it needed to be said. And messi's no vote aggravated it, as I was expecting better from him.

Arda is coached by Simeone and put Mou first and Simeone third so what do you think about that.

fck Arda too then. :D

Peerless

All Messi needs to do is win trophies. That's what people judge him by. Last year he was a flop in like every big game apart from Madrid 4-3, and City at the Camp nou. He was quiet in the later rounds of the WC, flopped against Atletico. These are the performances people watch so I'm not surprised he didn't come out on top.

If Barca win trophies and Messi has a good start to the season (Oct,Nov) I'd expect him to win tbh.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If the ref did not disallow a legit goal in last liga round and if higuain din't miss an easy goal in the WC final and if ramos did not score an injury time goal against altetico things could have been much different. No body would have these stupid arguments. But sadly all three happened and it just wasn't barca and messi's year. Reached so close but yet so far. Ronaldo deserved it more than 2013 and he had some records and trophies too. Hope the luck favors us this time.

F

Flavia

He may not 've voted so in the prev. years. But he's always shown loyalty to his compatriots, which is why I'm disappointed in him for not showing support to a fellow argie who was more deserving than any of his mentions, including Sabella.

Given my albiceleste inclination, I'm indeed bitter to not see Simeone win, as if it needed to be said. And messi's no vote aggravated it, as I was expecting better from him.

Last year he voted Heynckes, sir Alex and Klopp.

I

instinct

B7LV4NVIgAAjVlk.jpg

...my life sucks :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans