10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What did Ronaldo win in 2013?

And Messi in form will help Barca win. Goes hand in hand.

Because Ronaldo had better "stats" (not necessarily playing better than Messi) than Messi in 2013. And Bayern was the team that won all the trophies so it had no bearing on the two.

Again, between Messi and Ronaldo, it doesn't really matter who actually plays better as most of these folks have no idea whatsoever, only two things matter and there are in this order: (1) goal count and (2) team trophies as these are the things that grab the headlines and catch the eyeballs.

Lomar1o

That's how fucked up most of the journalists are these days. Goals determine if you're a good player or not.

not only journalist. people who don't watch barca's games on a regular basis developed a thought in their minds as if messi's declined and he isn't as good as he was, and will never be. apart from the media influence, i think people tend to not believe in something that is less realistic, and messi being THAT good for THAT long is pretty hard to believe, so in their mind they choose the easier option like messi's decline, that's it, instead of thinking it through and analyzing whether messi has really declined or not. which i think is completely false. he is nothing short of a genius and has never stopped evolving.

abual3bed1

Most of these people are heavily influenced by what journalists write and say. Just the other day, Rory Smith said that Ronaldo has become easier to like than Messi following the "It's either Enrique or me here" fiasco. Everywhere you look nowadays you see something similar. Remember how 'English experts' dubbed Neymar as a diver last season but said nothing about Ronaldo's recent theatrics. People opinions is influenced by the likes of those writers. And as you said, most of them watch Barca once a month or maybe even less. The Messi declining issue should be a point for Leo, as if he can play like this in his decline, then he is with a shadow of a doubt the GOAT. I've grown to find it funny that people actually think that Ronaldo is even close to Leo's level. The Ronaldo-kiss-ass campaign that started in late 2013 is still in full force.

I

instinct

B7O1adBCUAAM3Y3.jpg

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
They grew after the pregnancy it seems. It all makes sense now...
sees :lucho: antonella
:mascherano: "hey, whats going on over there"
:messi: "what the.."
:lucho2: "mmm"
:mats: messi goes titan on his ass

disappointed by Messi's votes, they really don't make much sense. Then again goes to show he's not serious about the ceremony, so...perspective.

Much more disappointed with Simeone in third place, although sadly fully expected it.

On a side note, there just needs to be an individual award for best defensive player (GK RB LB CB DM CM)

oggydude

10882306_946254592060802_9174818003266508576_n.jpg

I want to thank my family, friends, teammates and fans for their support and congratulate the winner for his great year. Just landed in Barcelona. Looking forward to getting back to training and ready for the next match. A hug.

This guy oozes class. He knows how to handle the press and doesn't act like a child if he loses or wins the Ballon D'or. Ronaldo had the better year than Messi with stats and his team won the CL so it was a given he would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans