10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I mean really, the stupidity of people that surround Barcelona's management just does not cease to amaze me. Look at the interview former Barca presidency candidate Jordi Majo just made.

Translation:

"What Messi has done is create problems freely, and what Mr Faus said was not said with bad intentions. Mr Faus thoughts are the thoughts of many Socios. Messi understand football, but does not understand of corporations, of economy, of the business of Barca. For this reason, he is better quiet."
"Both parties have not been correct, but Messi did not need to respond to Faus declarations. Faus did not make them with bad intentions. Messi is an employee, an employee who is the highest paid in the club."
"Playes come and go, but the club remains. No one can compromise the internal strategic decisions of Barca, not Messi, not Kubala in his moment. The club is over Messi. Messi is the best in the world, but he cannot put the club between a rock and a hard place. If Messi is not happy, it must be for other reasons"

I cannot fathom any more upsetting, disrespectful and just baffling words from someone so close to the Barca brass, directed at the face of the club. This is troubling. If this is really how "many Socios" think, then things are really troubling.

Messi is better quiet? Messi is just an employee? Players come and go? Really? REALLY?

I don't even know why Sport posts these type of interviews. Do they really want Messi to leave? Do they place selling papers in higher priority as retaining and keeping happy the best player in the world that plays for the club you cover?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Why blast Messi? Faus was the one created the commotion out of nothing when Messi did not ask for a better contract, he made Messi look really bad and greedy. Most socios share what thought? Messi didn't even ask for anything, this is so absurd.

Yes, one could argue perhaps Messi should have kept disdain private, but this probably reflects a boiling rift that is getting worse. It took him a lot to say those thing, I imagine.

I hope Messi do the right thing, that is, what Iniesta did. I might not like the management, but I love this club so much and I will stay.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
If he dares to sell Messi I don't think he will be around long enough to enjoy his new stadium.

Maria

He was asked about it, if I remember it correctly. And decided to give that stupid response.

The same day Faus was asked where the 40M euros out of 65 that we paid for Neymar went and he answered with "Guardiola also had confidentiality clauses". So for me it's funny how Faus knows how to protect Neymar, but for him Messi is just "ese senor".

NotInHere

The only reason that I can think of is that the rumours that Rosell wants to sell Messi are true, and he is leaking false information to make Messi look greedy. So that when Rosell does sell Messi, there wont be a big backlash against him.

Needless to say, I really hope thats not the case..
If that is indeed happening, then Rosell is asking for his way out most like it:lol:

F

Flavia

The same day Faus was asked where the 40M euros out of 65 that we paid for Neymar went and he answered with "Guardiola also had confidentiality clauses". So for me it's funny how Faus knows how to protect Neymar, but for him Messi is just "ese senor".

Yep... this is what pisses me even more. I'm waiting to see if rosell will say something about it. A vote of no confidence should happen, if he lets this get out of hand.

The good thing is that Messi loves the club and the city, and I'm sure he knows that board is not representative of what he means to the cules. Also Laporta and Xavi wouldn't just let him go. Pep and Valdes leaving, all the trouble with Iniesta's renewal, and now this... I doubt all the players aren't upset with this current management.

NotInHere

He was asked about it, if I remember it correctly. And decided to give that stupid response.

Selling Messi to fund the new stadium is as stupid as it gets. Trophies>stadium
It still doesn't make it any better, looks like Faus likes controversy. That's not good for Barcelona or Leo.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Am I the only one who doesn't understand what the big deal is? Faus gave a stupid response to a question, Messi called him out on it, and some random guy conducted an interview saying that in his opinion there was no need for Messi to call him out, so what? Why would that mean that Messi hates our board or that he wants to leave the club or that the club wants to sell him?

NotInHere

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what the big deal is? Faus gave a stupid response to a question, Messi called him out on it, and some random guy conducted an interview saying that in his opinion there was no need for Messi to call him out, so what? Why would that mean that Messi hates our board or that he wants to leave the club or that the club wants to sell him?
You can't see the big deal on this? Leo rarely comes out and speaks on subjects that are negatively being thrown at him, this time he said something that could be seen by everyone, and he aimed his response at, just you know, the vice president of barcelona..

pawanme10

Wars don't begin with armies marching on each other.

I'm surprised the board has let this all happen, and a person of the board naming Messi as the problem. I wonder if he was ill adviced or is this well planned. If this is a plan to force Messi out , I do not think the club is moving in the right direction. A new stadium is not as important.

F

Flavia

The big deal is the board attacking him for no reason, instead of protecting him. Making him look like a mercenary, wanting more money, when he didn't ask for it.

Just now on twitter I was discussing with a former member of the forum, not cule, telling me this: "I just think you're assuming without much proof that Messi is a complete innocent."

Many people love to make him the bad guy, to portrait him in the worst light possible, and faus comments ensue this. that's the problem.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Messi just said neither he nor any of his people ever ask for a renewal of his contract. Faus' comments were needless, unwarranted and inflammatory. Messi has been getting undeservedly killed by the press, and the last thing he needs is someone who is supposed to be on his side, needless and foolishly throwing more fuel for the bashing fire.

He had every right to snap and go at this fool.
This. The whole year Messi has been subject to some good smear campaign and even before that incident, it was strange how little public comfort or support he got from the board. The only action they took was a comment after the tax allegations and Rosell's strange speech declaring he would vote Messi, Messi and Messi for Ballon D'Or. Based on that behaviour they should by all means avoid making any comments or statements that have the potential of increasing the bad press and negativity around Messi, which that comment clearly did. The players neeed more protection than that.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Why blast Messi? Faus was the one created the commotion out of nothing when Messi did not ask for a better contract, he made Messi look really bad and greedy. Most socios share what thought? Messi didn't even ask for anything, this is so absurd.

Yes, one could argue perhaps Messi should have kept disdain private, but this probably reflects a boiling rift that is getting worse. It took him a lot to say those thing, I imagine.

I hope Messi do the right thing, that is, what Iniesta did. I might not like the management, but I love this club so much and I will stay.

Even if Messi doesn't like the board, I don't see him leaving. As others said, he loves the club, even if he may not like the board. Like Iniesta, I suppose.

But still, the board needs to be thrown out ASAP. Hope Rosell does something useful for once and fires Faus. He'd be incredibly dumb not to take Messi's side.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Messi has been getting flak from every direction possible, undeservedly so I might add, the last thing he needs is people that are supposed to be on his side, that are supposed to protect and defend him against all these vultures circling in, to themselves be the providers of fuel for the smear campaign going on.

That sort of crap would boil anyone's blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans