10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

He came to La Liga when he was 24, and he is significantly better now than he was when he came here. So I wouldn't say he was in his prime. And world's most expensive team means nothing when the best players actually play(ed) at Barca and cost nothing.

Mate, it's a credit to the players if they go to a new league and play well. You can't say it's no big deal and expect all players that move to a different country to keep their performance.

Surely, it is alot harder to change to a new team and keep your high level than be in a familiar setup throughout your entire career. Don't be daft.

Nothing daft about it. He's not learning a different sport. In fact he was going back to a style of football he would have been familiar with since his time Portugal. He's a model professional who has worked tirelessly to perfect his game, moving to Spain was never going to cause him any problems. Had he gone to Italy I would be singing a different tune but Spanish football suits him down to the ground.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Man footyfan :facepalm: can't you check the stats before you post something? You look like a clueless "expert" trying to be a smartass.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Messi has 74 assists in La Liga since 2009-2010.

http://kahkonen.arkku.net/messi/?matches/index/EveryFCBo

Those stats are definitely wrong, or have a different assist definition.

You can look at either whoscored.com or messivsronaldo.net, both say 59 for Messi since 09-10. And they do seem closer to what I remember the stats to be.

Edit: That website you posted says Messi has 36 assists in 2011-12 for Barcelona, blatantly untrue.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Those stats are definitely wrong, or have a different assist definition.

You can look at either whoscored.com or messivsronaldo.net, both say 59 for Messi since 09-10. And they do seem closer to what I remember the stats to be.
No they aren't, transfermarkt says 74 (including 09/10)

Kerrybai

Except for the part where he hits the post right?

Unless it hits the post and goes in

Regarding those assist stats, a user on here MMKA runs that website and I think he uses transfermarket for assist stats. Transfermarket uses a broader definition for stats, one that we do not use here on the barcaforum stats page. Whoscored.com uses the stricter definition.

raskolnikov

Messi's penalty ratio in la liga is solid, maybe better than Ronaldo. His overall ratio is lower cause he missed several in the copa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans