10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need one goal and the tie is definitely over. City won't score 3 at Camp Nou. Not happening.

Kohe321

They wont need three.

They could qualify with two.

That's not happening, we're not playing against City at home and not scoring. Especially considering that they HAVE to come out and attack.

We showed how easily we can dominate them in the first half, we just need to KEEP THE FOCUS. If we do that at home, well then I am confident we'll destroy them again.

JamDav1982

That's not happening, we're not playing against City at home and not scoring. Especially considering that they HAVE to come out and attack.

We showed how easily we can dominate them in the first half, we just need to KEEP THE FOCUS. If we do that at home, well then I am confident we'll destroy them again.

Not saying its happening.

Just pointing out to people saying they wont score three that they dont need three.

Leo_Messi

He should give Ronaldo a call so they can arrange a training session together. When that happens Ronaldo should teach him how to take a penalty kick. Truly an discipline that he has to improve.

Otherwise he was phenomenal as usual.

Kerrybai

He should give Ronaldo a call so they can arrange a training session together. When that happens Ronaldo should teach him how to take a penalty kick. Truly an area that he has to improve.

Otherwise he was phenomenal as usual.

He should be calling Balotelli or Rickie Lambert. Or better yeat handing them to Suarez.

I have never said anything bad about Messi until now. He is the best player ever but for whatever reason he has a problem with penalties. Why does he need to take them? Cause it's an easy way to inflate his goal numbers? It's sad that it actually is important to score as many as you can in order to win the balon d'or. Anyone who actually watches the game knows who the best player is. Everyone is right here that he played amazing today, as he has all season and as he has for 99% of his career.

So he doesn't need an extra goal here or an extra goal there to tell us that. Barca have so many great players capable of converting penalties. I know Neymar missed his last one but he is really good at them. I don't have numbers but I'm sure suarez, iniesta and Rakitic are good at them.

I think they should just go with the hot hand. If one player scores one then let him keep taking them until he misses then give someone else a turn.

Kerrybai

I have never said anything bad about Messi until now. He is the best player ever but for whatever reason he has a problem with penalties. Why does he need to take them? Cause it's an easy way to inflate his goal numbers? It's sad that it actually is important to score as many as you can in order to win the balon d'or. Anyone who actually watches the game knows who the best player is. Everyone is right here that he played amazing today, as he has all season and as he has for 99% of his career.

So he doesn't need an extra goal here or an extra goal there to tell us that. Barca have so many great players capable of converting penalties. I know Neymar missed his last one but he is really good at them. I don't have numbers but I'm sure suarez, iniesta and Rakitic are good at them.

I think they should just go with the hot hand. If one player scores one then let him keep taking them until he misses then give someone else a turn.

I imagine he takes them because he became our main goalscorer, and the main goalscorer usually takes them. Added to that he has been pretty good at them generally, over 90% in the league for example, 2 crackers against Madrid and in the world cup.

However his pens in cup comps are poor, he lets the pressure get to him.

It's up the Lucho to step in now and suggest that Suarez takes them, hopefully sooner rather than later I imagine it will be next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans