10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Leo does not get criticized enough imo when he really does big mistakes. I do not mean the penalty but his lack of effort in some situations. No matter how good of a footballer you are you always go for the ball even if the teammates pass is not good. He did not feel to go into an areal challenge before Torres scored his goal in the Copa and he did not feel to move his ass today when Clichy intercepted the bad pass before Agüero's goal. Two crucial goals that Messi could have prevented even if the initial mistake was not his.
Apart from that he had a good game (not amazing by any means) with his dribble against 5 City players before the 2nd goal being the highlight.

I am also waiting for the day he finally steps down from penalties and let Rakitic take them. Or Suarez when Raki is out like he was today.

raskolnikov

He did take them very well for 1.5 years, from the Chelsea miss in 2012 till the Atletico supercopa miss, he scored a lot of penalties and only missed 1, in a friendly against Germany saved by ........... Mats. Last 1.5 year he declined at it and missed to many.
Solution: work with Ter Steegen on his penaldo's, if the numbers dont go up someone else needs to become the main penalty taker.

Kerrybai

Leo does not get criticized enough imo when he really does big mistakes. I do not mean the penalty but his lack of effort in some situations. No matter how good of a footballer you are you always go for the ball even if the teammates pass is not good. He did not feel to go into an areal challenge before Torres scored his goal in the Copa and he did not feel to move his ass today when Clichy intercepted the bad pass before Agüero's goal. Two crucial goals that Messi could have prevented even if the initial mistake was not his.
Apart from that he had a good game (not amazing by any means) with his dribble against 5 City players before the 2nd goal being the highlight.

I am also waiting for the day he finally steps down from penalties and let Rakitic take them. Or Suarez when Raki is out like he was today.

Are you just making shit up? He went for the ball... :confused: Clichy muscled him off it.

raki

Get a grip. Messi recovred more balls than Kompany. And more than Iniesta+Suarez+Neymar+Raki combined. And just because he didn´t ran with clichy you´re bitching?
what the fuck?
In Portugal he´s getting praised like hell. Portugal, the home country of CR. And i come to a barça forum and read crap like this...

raskolnikov

Yeah that rebound made him look like an idiot unfortunately, such a quality game from him and his most notable miss ends up on the blooper reel. Luckily this is likely to awaken beast mode Messi to strike City at home with the fury of a thousand suns, Arsenal 2010 style.

Irish_Cules

It's pretty fascinating to see someone as good as he is struggle with penalties as he does. Safe to say he's back to his best overall though. Was ridiculously good again tonight.

JamDav1982

Deco10

Another great performance by this little genius. He is in a class of his own. Shame about the missing penalty though, he should improve this aspect of his game asap

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
http://www.lastminutegoals.org/manchester-city-vs-barcelona-champions-league/

Eh no, he moves the moment its played and he gets there first, Clichy bullies him off it. It's a great play from Clichy which Messi unfortunately couldn't shield.

You can clearly see he walks towards the ball, then realizes Clichy is besides him and only then starts to accelerate and tries to make up for it. It only happens within the blink of an eye but Leo could have gotten there first and shield the ball from Clichy.
If there would not have been a similar situation like this against Atletico, I would not be all over him for that. I mean the initial mistake is not made by him anyway but we all know how Messi can react after he loses the ball or there is a scramble near him. Sometimes he decides to care, sometimes not. That is ok vs Levante when you are up 5:0 but this little stuff decides the big games.

Paganinisrvnge

Such a shame about the penalty miss and awful header. He had the type of performance that Ronaldo could never ever have. MOTM without scoring. Can't wait to see his highlights because he put on one of the best dribbling performances I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans