10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Maybe not "dribbling past people at will or scoring goals left right and centre", but if he keeps dropping to midfield all the time we might just play him in midfield a buy a #9 because we don't have any players in dangerous positions.
Or our wingers could take up position in front of him when teams park the bus. They don't need to hug the touchline when our fullbacks can create the width.

Maybe Tata should look at how Argentina use Aguero and Higuain in front of Messi.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Or our wingers could take up position in front of him when teams park the bus. They don't need to hug the touchline when our fullbacks can create the width.

When Messi drops to midfield, the wingers should play like they did when Cesc was false nine--as wide forwards in a 4-4-2.

CatalinR10

Messi: "I’m more nervous watching games on tv than when I’m on the field. That you’re not able to lend a hand makes it all that much worse."

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Maybe Tata should look at how Argentina use Aguero and Higuain in front of Messi.

But they don't under Tata and they didn't under Tito, which sucks!

F

Flavia

Faus: "El tema con Messi está cerrado. Es el mejor del mundo digan lo que digan los premios. La proyección económica en el mundo no se entendería sin Leo Messi" - The theme with Messi has ended. He is the best in the world, whatever the awards might say. The worldwide economic projection wouldn't work without Messi.

Faus: "Leo Messi es el mejor jugador del mundo y merece el mejor acuerdo económico del mundo": Messi is the best player in the world, and deserves to be the best paid.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I still believe that at times he seets way too deep. In my view a False 9 is a striker that goes for a 1-2 with the midfielders by leaving his position 5-10 meters, I see Messi way too often dropping 25-30 meters. That wau we get the U-shape passing, with the midfielders and Messi in the centre, the backs and wingers on the sides and a lot of sideways passing.

F

Flavia

Rosell: "Es una buena idea pensar la estatua de Leo Messi en el nuevo Camp Nou". It's a good idea to think about a statue of Messi in the new camp nou.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rosell: "Es una buena idea pensar la estatua de Leo Messi en el nuevo Camp Nou". It's a good idea to think about a statue of Messi in the new camp nou.

Someone should have asked him about having a statue of Cruyff at the New Camp Nou.

:pep:

DinhoR10

Going by contributions to the club alot of players in the 03-08 revitalization and the 09-13(hopefully more) golden era deserve statues (Ronaldinho,Eto'o,Messi,Iniesta,Xavi,Puyol) and Pep of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans