10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The point is, we need 100% Messi in the next hard matches, and playing him every match can give him an serious injury, i know he can save some energy when on pit, but he cant save 100% of energy, he already did that many times.
Messi can be good, even tired, but he can be 1000x better if fresh

This.

He absolutely needs to get some rest as we need him in crucial games like the CL semis, however I don't know if we can take care of the rest of the league games (even some of those relatively easier ones) without him, not for his goals, but for his ability to comb the midfield and create, which is increasingly crucial.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
''We''? :lol:
Everyone, but you seems to not notice he was dead tired and couldn't do stuff he use to do, because of that. Did you watch this game or Bayern, herr Luftstalag?

The fact is he is very tired, yes. No argument here.

The "fact" you are implying that he is chasing his personal glory despite being tired so he is a douche bag, this is the "fact" that I have soooooooooooo many problems with.

Got it?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's heartbreaking to see him just walk like that...might be a showcase of what is about to come. He's getting older and its affecting his stamina and we must embrace it.

He played more than anyone this season. Also played a tough WC right up until the final. He also runs more this season as he often plays on the wing.
We were on cruise-control in 2nd half anyway.

Kohe321

And to think there's the Copa America to play after this season... :lol:

He needs a rest, I feel like he took out most of what he had in him for at least a week against Valencia. Hopefully he can get enough rest to have some energy to release on the pitch against Espanyol. After that there's the Getafe game just a couple of days later, and he REALLY should sit that one out.

Mitchell1978

This forum is pathetic, like a bunch of manic depressives, he has a bunch of good games and then he's the goat, he goes on a good scoring run and he will break his own goal record from 2012 according to some, then he has a couple of bad games and suddenly he's not the same player anymore and obviously will never return to his best now. Players go in and out of form all the time, its normal. His form has dipped sice coming back from the foot problem, it was to expected really and he's obviously not that fresh at the moment but sooner then later he will be back at his best as he was earlier in 2015 (jan-march).
Same with the team, we loose one game and all hell breaks loose.
Get a grip and have some trust.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I look and look, but only see speculation and hearsay being passed as fact.

Only if your criteria for facts is rigid quotes or stats.

There's no hearsay, the quotes can be got from a Barca magazine interview posted recently. Only one part of the post is speculation, and I qualified it as such. It's not bashing though, in any sense.

Anyway, I'm done with this pointless conversation. It's Lucho's team, and he will have to deal with the results of his choices. As a viewer, it is very annoying to watch someone rest on the pitch.

jamrock

he needs a rest, can't play 4 games in such a short span, he has never been a player with stop class stamina, he was also frustrated with the passing of his team mates

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I thought people might have learned their lesson with the "Messi is declining" bullcrap after all that garbage that was said and how Messi responded to it this season. But no, the first little down period shows up and lo and behold people start coming out the woodwork with the same tired narrative.

Kohe321

I can't understand people saying he's declined. After all that he's shown in 2015. Being tired doesn't equal decline. Being tired and thus not being quick when tired doesn't equal permanent loss of pace either.

People need to get this straight and stop thinking Messi is a video game character in Fifa who will perform the same every time according to his stats.

I

instinct

Wait...people seriously saying that he has declined? Please close this thread already.

Barcalove

Banned
He is just tired, not declining ..
He NEEDS to rest, no doubt about it, just imagine if we draw bayern and messi gets an injury?? I would invade lucho house and kick his ass :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans