10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Maybe he's also still injuried and that foot has not healed properly.

That would be even more of a reason to rest until it's healed properly, would be better to miss him a week or two than have him like this till the end of the season..

And he has the Copa America right after :/

anguy

And to the subject of Messi declining - surely he declined in some aspects of his game, namely his dribbling. He's a little slower now, even when rested and in good form and as result he loses the ball more often, than he used to. On the other hand he improved his distribution skills and massively improved his right foot, so overall there was no decline at all :).

alittlebitter

he's actually a lot fitter this year (new diet regime, you can tell by the noticeable weight loss) but he just looks completely tired atm. I don't care if he doesn't want to be benched, I better not see him start the getafe & cordoba games. we need him for the tough matches (semis & atleti)

Egert

Estonian Culé
Was so tired. Have seen it for 3-4 games now, wtf is Lucho thinking.... We need the GOAT back and he needs rest to reach that level again.

raskolnikov

He slipped, hardly like he fell from exhaustion. And I don't think Messi wants to rest, if history is any indication.

Then we just need Lucho to grow some balls and do whats best for Barca.

Messi sgould definitely be rested the games against Getafe and Cordoba, at least one match, one week of complete rest is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans